Our Featured Albuquerque, NM Partner:
ACAT (Albuquerque Cat Action Team)
Cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
P.O. Box 51683
Albuquerque, NM 87181
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Albuquerque Metro Area
About Our Rescue Group:We are Albuquerque and New Mexico's first no-kill, all volunteer organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of stray, orphaned, abused and neglected cats. We are exclusively a cat organization.
The Mission of the Albuquerque Cat Action Team:
1. Provide a safe haven in the form of foster homes for stray, orphaned, abused and neglected cats and kittens in the Albuquerque metropolitan area.
2. Provide veterinary care to the cats and kittens who come into our program and ensure that all cats and kittens who are adopted through our organization are spayed or neutered before adoption.
3. Relocate cats and kittens into permanent, loving homes through our adoption program.
4. Educate the public regarding the necessity of spay/neuter and responsible pet ownership and provide counseling and advice regarding cat behavioral and care issues.
5. Welcome all volunteers into the A.C.A.T. family where respect, love and support are extended to all.
6. Limit pet over-population by engaging in the trap-neuter-return (TNR) of feral cats in our community.
7. Provide low-cost spay and neuter services for cat owners.
We give alot of cats (and kittens) their second, third and maybe ninth chance! Ultimately, without foster homes, many cats wouldn't have the chances that they deserve. So many cats already end up abandoned on the street, sick, hungry, homeless, or in shelters where their fates would be very uncertain. We try to help out by taking on some of these needy cats and taking them into our homes. If you think that you could provide a foster home for a cat, please call (323-2228), email A.C.A.T. at Mail@AlbCat.com.