Our Featured Trenton, MO Partner:
Green Hills Animal Shelter
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
3041 East 10th St
Trenton, MO 64683
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:The Green Hills Animal Shelter, a not-for-profit, volunteer organization, is dedicated to providing animal care, protection and adoption services for stray and abandoned animals in Trenton and neighboring towns. It is the only regional animal shelter within 75 miles of Trenton. It is available to service Trenton and surrounding counties and towns.
About Our Shelter:We like to call ourselves a "promise" shelter. We promise to do everything possible to find a home for every animal in our care. We will provide these animals with a safe environment. By serving as a temporary loving home, we increase their confidence and trust in humans. By providing a "home environment" such as housing in the Cat Village or Dog Dorms, we give them the housetraining and socializing they need to live with humans. By providing obedience and other classes to animal owners, we are creating a bond of love and trust between humans and their companion animals.
Come Meet our Pets:Green Hills Animal Shelter
3041 East 10th Street
Trenton, MO 64683
Additional Contact Info:
If you want to come and visit our shelter, we are open:
Monday - Saturday from 1PM to 5PM
Our Adoption Process:We are seeking a permanent, loving, responsible home for all companion animals. So that we may be assured that the animal you wish to adopt is best suited to you, your home, and your lifestyle and is placed in an environment that is capatible with his/her needs, we ask that you complete an application. Please note we have two separate applications, one for cats and one for dogs.
In order for you to adopt an animal, we need you to . . .
- be sure that you are financially able to provide for the animals's needs. This includes food, supplies, license and veterinary care.
- be sure that you have adequate time to spend with your new pet, including training, exercising and grooming.
- have your landlord's permission to bring an animal into his/her property
- have the consent of all adults in your household.
- be at least 18 years of age and have verifiable identification.
- complete this application in full and discuss it with a GHAS employee or volunteer.
- understand that this an adoption, not a sale. GHAS reserves the right to postpone or refuse an adoption.
If your application is approved, you will be asked to pay the adoption fee and sign an adoption contract.
Adoption Fees & Requirements
The adoption fee for dogs is $99.00, which includes rabies, bordetella and DA2PPV vaccines, de-worming, heartworm test, and the spay/neuter of the dog. No dog will be home from the shelter without being spayed/neutered.
The adoption fee for cats is $69.00, which includes the FVRCP and rabies vaccines, de-worming and the spaying/neutering of the cat. No cat will be sent home from the shelter without being spayed/neutered.