|Contact this shelter/rescue group to see their pets for adoption.|
Little Miracles Rabbit Rescue
Pet adoption saves lives. Adopt a pet and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Please Call for Appointment
North Port, FL 34288
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Serving Florida, located in South West Florida.
About Our Rescue Group:Our Vision
Little Miracles Rabbit Rescue is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to improving the lives of domestic rabbits.
We improve the lives of domestic rabbits through the coordination of local volunteer-driven education, rescue, and adoption efforts.
To accomplish this goal:
We provide resources to educate the public on the benefits of rabbits as companion animals, rabbit behavior, and rabbit care.
We coordinate the rescue of rabbits from individuals looking to surrender, strays, and shelter rabbits needing placement. We foster them, provide medical care if needed, spay and neuter and adopt them following our groupĺs standards.
We attend adoption events, and pet expos, in order to provide education to the public and create a larger network for finding foster and adoptive homes.
We collectively fund raise locally, as well as online in order to provide for the day-to-day costs, spay/neuter fees, medical costs and other needs of the rescue.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...http://www.littlemiraclesrr.org/donate.html
Come Meet our Pets:Call for an appointment!
Our Adoption Process:The Adoption Process
1. First things first - Do you know what it takes to care for a house rabbit? Take a look at www.Qrabbit.com and learn all about proper rabbit care. You should always research and learn about any new pet before you bring one home!
2. Make a list: We'll ask which bunny(s) you're interested in, and we suggest you narrow down the selection to 3-5 at most. Or, tell us you'll be bringing your bunny so we can help you bond a pair! If you don't know WHO you want, let us know WHAT you want in a bunny, and we'll match you up personality wise - we HIGHLY recommend this method!
3. Get in touch! Please give us a call at 941 240 6412 and leave a message if you don't reach anyone. We check the messages every evening at 6pm, so expect to hear from us soon! If you're ready to set an appointment, call our adoption counsellor, Pam at 941 421 9961. Or, send us an email at LittleMiraclesRR@aol.com for a speedy response!
4. After you speak with Pam, you'll be set up with an appointment. If you're coming from far away (More than 45 minutes) - we'll do our best to send the bunny home with you that day to avoid repeat-trips. Sometimes we travel in your direction (our volunteers are all over the place!) - so we might be able to deliver if your bunny can't go home same-day. Most rabbits are already fixed, but some are waiting to be done - surgeries are scheduled every week, so never fear - even if you fall in love with somebunny whose not ready to go home, they can go home soon!
5. Come to your appointment armed with questions (if you haven't already gotten them answered by Pam!) and be sure to bring a cat-carrier if you're ready to take home your new pet. We have a fully-stocked bunny shop, so we'd love it if you'd shop at Carrot Corner, and support the rescue (100% of our proceeds go to the rescue!) - we have carriers for sale too - used and new.
6. FOLLOW UP! We can't WAIT to see pictures of you and your new family member once you get home. We'll stay in touch via our newsletter (Paw Prints) and phone calls, but we LOVE families who send us pictures, letters and cards! Also, friend us on Myspace and Facebook!