Unconditional Love Pet Rescue, Rochester NY Extension*
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Rochester, NY 14609
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We are committed to helping abandoned, neglected and abused pets, finding loving homes and educating the public about responsible pet ownership with a strong emphasis on spaying and neutering. .
We are a virtual shelter, meaning all of our pets are pulled from over crowded shelters and animal control facilities, who due to lack of space and overwhelming volume are forced to euthanize thousands of healthy, adoptable pets each year. We will also accept pets from owners who can no longer care for their pet. When the animal enters our program, they undergo a complete health check from a local vet to make sure the pet is healthy. The pet is treated for any medical needs, is brought up to date on all vaccinations and is spayed or neutered. The pet is then socialized and assessed by our behaviorist. When the animal has been determined healthy and socialized, it is placed for adoption.
Come Meet our Pets:We work with families throughout the northeast, focusing on New England... New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maine, and Vermont. We also adopt to Maryland, Virginia,and any state that we have someone interested in one of our pets
Our Adoption Process:If you are interested in one of our pets, please contact us at: 870-577-3744
The procedure for adoption is
1) request an application and return it to us via email
2) once we receive the application we will begin discussions to answer any questions either of us have and then decide whether to proceed.
3) We will call your Vet for a reference or request another reference. We also may do a home check.
4) Upon approval of all that, we will finalize the adoption and the pet will be scheduled on the next available transport
5) The adoption fee covers spaying/neutering, age appropriate vaccinations, rabies, complete vet check (including fecal, heartworm and preventative de-worming and de-fleaing), health certificate and transport to you
After the adoption we are always available to assist and advise our adoptive families in every way we can. If for any reason an adoption does not work out we will gladly take the animal back.