The Anti-Cruelty Society
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
510 N LaSalle
Chicago, IL 60654
Pets at Our Shelter:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Chicago area
About Our Shelter:The mission of The Anti-Cruelty Society is building a community of caring by helping pets and educating people. The Anti-Cruelty Society is committed to caring. We shall: provide compassionate care for any animal in need, attempt to find a home for every healthy or rehabilitatable dog and cat that comes to us, intervene to prevent cruelty to animals, partner with the community to educate on animal issues and inspire compassion and respect, and provide low or no cost spaying and neutering.
Donate to Our Shelter...https://www.kintera.org/AutoGen/Simple/Donor.asp?ievent=460704&en=9hLLJUOwH7IHKWOGIdIHJVOzHjIVL2MCLeJOIWPKLrJ5H
Come Meet our Pets:The Anti-Cruelty Society is open for adoption at the following times: Monday-Friday: 12:00pm-6:30pm and Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm-4:30pm. The shelter is located at 510 N. LaSalle, and there is validated parking available in our garage on the southeast corner of Wells St. at Grand Avenue.
Our Adoption Process:Adoption Requirements:
1. Must be 18 years of age or older for standard adoptions. Seniors 60 and over qualify for the Pets for the Elderly Program.
2. Must have valid ID with current address
3. Dog adopters must provide landlord's name and phone number (or copy of current lease)
4. All members of the household should be present
5. You must understand that The Anti-Cruelty Society must approve your adoption application
6. Our adoption fee is $95 for dogs, $125 for puppies, $60 for cats and $75 for kittens.
Each adoption Includes:
1. Complete veterinary exam
2. Inoculations against rabies and other diseases
3. Heartworm test for dogs /Feline leukemia test for cats
4. Spaying or neutering (it's mandatory)
6. Lifetime ID tag (on The Anti-Cruelty Society's registry)
7. Permanent identification microchip
8. Dog leash or cat carrier
9. Free 30 day pet insurance through ShelterCare