Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Rescue-A-Bull Pit Bull Rescue is a pit bull specific rescue located in Northwest Alabama. Rescue-A-Bull serves the Tennessee Valley Area and works closely with local shelters and rescue organizations to find suitable homes for bully breed dogs.
Rescue-A-Bull strives to end breed discrimination by educating Alabamians and others about bully breeds, countering breed stereotypes, and being the voice for voiceless bullies.
Rescue-A-Bull is in the process of filing for 501(c)3 status, and is presently seeking responsible foster homes for needy bullies, as well as adoptive homes for the dogs already in our program.
· Rescue-A-Bull envisions a world in which pit bulls, pit bull mixes, and other bully breed dogs are free from cruelty, neglect, abuse, and discrimination.
Rescue-A-Bull is dedicated to:
· Helping to alleviate the suffering of pit bulls, pit bull mixes, and dogs commonly characterized as pit bulls through activism, education, and rescue practice.
· Reducing the number of homeless pit bulls, pit bull mixes, and dogs commonly characterized as pit bulls through education, rescue, adoption, volunteerism, and coordination with shelters and other animal rescues.
· Placing homeless pit bulls, pit bull mixes, and dogs commonly characterized as pit bulls in responsible, caring, thoroughly screened homes.
· Fundraising to provide pit bulls, pit bull mixes, and dogs commonly characterized as pit bulls with emergency veterinary care, spay and neuter surgeries, along with necessities such as food, water, and shelter.
· Advocating for pit bulls within the justice system to insure they are free from cruelty, neglect, and abuse.
· Assisting families who wish to keep and train their pit bulls, pit bull mixes, and dogs commonly characterized as pit bulls in the event of foreclosure, desperation, or other circumstances.
· Insuring that pit bulls, pit bull mixes, and dogs commonly characterized as pit bulls are treated humanely and not as victims of cruelty, abuse, neglect, or discrimination.
· Restoring the image of pit bulls, pit bull mixes, and dogs commonly characterized as pit bulls through education and positive publicity campaigns.
All animals receive age appropriate vaccinations, and are spay/neutered prior to adoption. No exceptions to the spay/neuter policy will be made.
All applicants must be willing to submit to veterinary reference checks, personal reference checks, a personal interview, and a home visit to insure that our dogs go to the best possible homes.
Once we receive your application, we will contact your vet and personal references and then schedule a time for the home visit and personal interview. We would like to stress that the adoption process is not a long ordeal.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.