Collin County Animal Services
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
4750 Community Blvd.
McKinney, TX 75071
Pets at Our Shelter:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Farmersville, Frisco, Anna, Princeton and McKinney
Collin County Animal Services shelters all lost/stray pets from Farmersville, Frisco and McKinney. Each of these cities provide their own animal control services. Please contact your city directly for animal control service information and requests.
Anna, Celina, Fairview, Lavon, Lucas, Melissa, Nevada, New Hope, Princeton, Prosper and all unincorporated areas of Collin County
Collin County Animal Services performs all animal control duties as well as sheltering all lost/stray pets from all unincorporated areas of Collin County, and the cities of Anna, Celina, Fairview, Lavon, Lucas, Melissa, Nevada, New Hope, Princeton, and Prosper.
About Our Shelter:Collin County Animal Services is the animal shelter for Collin County. We have several dedicated volunteers and non-profit rescues that help save the lives of many animals in need. We depend on the public and rescue organizations in order to help find the animals in our shelter their perfect homes!
Our staff is dedicated, compassionate, and caring. They go the extra mile and really love the animals in our facility. Please stop by and meet the wonderful animals here. You never know you just might fall in love!
Come Meet our Pets:Call or email for current adoption rates. Special promotions may be available!
We are located in the Collin County Justice Complex behind the Collin County Administration Building. Follow the signs for the Animal Shelter!
Hours of Operations:
Tuesday through Friday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Monday closed to the public, lost animal search by appointment only.
Looking for a way to make a difference? Send us an email for a volunteer application!
Our Adoption Process:Dog & Cat Adoption fees vary each week. Call or email to ask for current rates!
The process is quite simple!
- Come in person to meet the amazing animals for adoption!
- Describe the personality, size, and type of animal you are looking for.
- Meet the available animals for adoption.
- The perfect animal will choose you.
- Complete the adoption contract.
- If the animal is spayed/neutered, micro-chipped, and vaccinated (fee will be 75.00 for a dog and 50.00 for a cat). Again, current specials may be even lower.
- If the animal has not been fully vetted - appointment for vetting will be made and you will pay for the cost of spay/neuter, rabies, and micro-chip with/in 30 days (low cost options are available)! Your adoption counselor will explain the process!
If you have another animal we encourage your to make arrangements to bring your animal to the shelter to do introductions.
Have kids? Make sure to bring your children to allow us to help you introduce your children to your new animal!
Have questions? Ask our volunteers and staff, we are here to help. We are here to make sure that you and the animals are a perfect match.