Joplin Humane Society
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
140 E. Emperor Lane
Joplin, MO 64801
Pets at Our Shelter:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We are proud to serve the people and animals of the four-state region, which includes 17 municipalities. Some as far away as Branson, MO.
About Our Shelter:The Joplin Humane Society (JHS), is a private, non-profit, 501(c)3 animal welfare organization. We are proud to serve the people and animals of the four-state region with a variety of programs including adoptions, pet therapy, and humane education for children of all ages. The Joplin Humane Society is private and receives no local, state, or federal support.
Donate to Our Shelter...http://www.joplinhumane.org/view-content/19/Donate.html
Come Meet our Pets:Shelter Hours
Monday - Thursday 1pm - 5pm
Friday 1pm - 6pm
Saturday 10am - 5pm
Sunday 1pm - 4pm
Monday - Friday 12pm - 5pm
Saturday 11am - 3pm
Closed on Sunday
Our Adoption Process:We believe in an open, non-judgmental adoption process. We recognize that no one is perfect and try to match a person's pet expectations so fewer pets are returned. Under normal conditions the process is:
- Come in with your family and look around. If you see a pet that you like, ask staff to meet the pet (if the pet is available to be taken out)
- Complete the adoption questionnaire.
- After the meeting, go over what information we have on file about the pet and his/her past experience.
- Finish the process by having a conversation with our adoption staff.
- After the above is completed, we can put a hold on a pet for 24 hours if you need time to think about the decision or to prepare your home.
- Most of our pets can go home the same day.
Adoption fees are: $90
This includes the animals spay/neuter, age appropriate vaccinations including rabies, de-worming and micro-chip.
- We will not adopt a pet to anyone under the age of 18
- We will not adopt to anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- We reserve the right not to place a pet in a home based on the information we have or if we feel the pet is not a match for the person's lifestyle.
JHS does reduce or waive adoption fees for a variety of reasons: Too many cats or kittens in the building, older and special needs pets that have a harder time finding homes, etc. Adoption Promotions are a fun way to engage the public and bring in potential adopters. Shelters remain the #4 way people obtain their pets.