Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Nashville PITTIE is not a rescue in the traditional sense. We noticed a trend in Nashville’s animal welfare community where a lot of wonderful caring folks opened their hearts, homes, and wallets to rescue efforts and almost immediately became overwhelmed with pleas for help. Too often they find themselves in a vicious cycle of having more animals in need than there is help available. Nashville PITTIE ‘s aim is to get ahead of the issue and prevent homelessness, neglect, and abuse before it happens. The best way to achieve that is through community education and promotion of spay/neuter programs.
Nashville PITTIE is an all Volunteer organization. If you are interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com
Please note that we are a foster based organization and do not have a facility that you can visit. All of our Adopt-A-Bulls are safe and comfortable indoors and in homes with their foster families.
If you are interested in setting up a personal meeting with any of our pit bulls, please apply online by following this link: http://www.nashvillepittie.org/adoption_application.html
* ALL current animals MUST be spayed/neutered, up-to-date on all vaccinations and on monthly heartworm preventive (unless otherwise advised by a licensed veterinarian).
* A veterinary reference and a personal reference are required.
* An in home visit with adoptabull is required by a representative of Nashville PITTIE.
* An adoption fee of $200 ($250 for puppies under 6 months) is due when the final adoption contract is signed. This fee includes spay/neuter, vaccinations for the year, microchip and heartworm treatment if applicable.
* If you rent your home or own in a home owners association complex, verify with management that you are allowed to have a PIT BULL and not just any type of dog before applying. We will require written permission from your landlord or HOA.
*You will be required to fill out our adoption application which can be found at this link: http://www.nashvillepittie.org/adoption_application.html
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.