DREAM Dachshund Rescue, Education & Adoption Mission
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
P.O. Box 591819
Houston, TX 77259
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Greater Houston Area
About Our Rescue Group:DREAM Dachshund Rescue, Education & Adoption Mission is a Houston-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to rescuing abandoned Dachshunds and finding new homes for Dachshunds whose owners can no longer care for them.
Come Meet our Pets:* Adoption Awareness Event *
First Sunday of Every Month
Rocky & Maggie's Pet Shop
2535 Times Blvd.
Houston, TX 77005
Our Adoption Process:Our Adoption Criteria
~ You must be at least 21 years old.
~ With few exceptions, you must reside in Texas.
~ If you live in a house, you must have a fenced yard.
~ All companion animals must be spayed/neutered, and current on vaccinations and heartworm preventative.
~ You must have the time and money necessary to provide medical treatment, training and proper care.
~ With few exceptions, you must not have children younger than three (3) years old living in your home.
Our Adoption Process
1. You submit an Adoption Application.
2. Our Application Committee will review your Application, and call your vet and your landlord (if applicable).
3. A volunteer will interview you on the phone.
4. A Home Visit will be scheduled to see where your new Dachshund will sleep, eat and play.
5. We all work together to find the right Dachshund for your family. Usually, the dog's Foster Person will bring the dog you're interested to your home for a "Meet and Greet".
6. When you're ready to adopt, you will sign an Adoption Contract and pay the Adoption Fee.
~ If your Application is not approved, you will not be able to adopt from us.
~ A submitted application does not guarantee adoption of a Dachshund, nor does it guarantee that the dog you want is available.
~ Adoptive families must agree to periodic follow-up phone calls and visits from us during the first year following the adoption.
~ We are committed to our dogs and REQUIRE that they be returned to us if they cannot remain in your home.
~ Our Adoption Fees are $350 for Puppies, $250 for Young/Adults, and $150 for Seniors.
~ Submission of your application confirms that you have read and understand our Adoption Criteria and Adoption Process.