We asked animal shelters all around the country for the 10 most important things you should know to ensure that your adoption is permanent success. Below are 5 of the top 10 most important things to consider. All ten plus a helpful video on preparing for pet adoption can be found at our Preparing For Pet Adoption Guide.
What To Consider Before Adopting A Pet
- You need to make a real commitment to care for your pet for its entire life.
- Verify in advance that you’re allowed to keep a pet where you live.
- Never adopt a pet on a whim or because you feel it’s love-at-first-sight
- Provide sufficient exercise and stimulation during the first few weeks
- Make any necessary modifications to your yard and fence, if you have one, to provide for your pet’s safety
The complete guide can be found at our Preparing For Pet Adoption Guide.