Molly is a 4-6 year old blind Great Dane. At home Molly is a happy-go-lucky girl that doesn't let her lack of sight slow her down. She adapts quickly to the layout of her home and yard and can navigate like a pro in a matter of days. She is eager to please and loves a good snuggle so she's the perfect TV watching companion. Molly loves to play with her foster brother. She would do well with another large, laid back male dog in the home. She cannot be placed with female dogs, or small dogs/cats. Molly would prefer a quiet home without a lot of visitors. She needs slow introductions to new people and it takes her a while to warm up to men.
Peaceful Paws has a simple adoption process, explained below.
First, You Should Know
1. Peaceful Paws does not adopt to families with children under 10 years of age.
2. We rarely have puppies under 9 months of age in rescue. It happens occasionally but it is rare.
3. We do not adopt to renters unless there are special circumstances.
4. We rarely have dogs who are highly social with people AND dogs AND cats.
Now, onto the process...
1. Complete an application to adopt online at www.peacefulpawsrescue.org or email email@example.com to have an application mailed to you.
2. A volunteer will call you to talk to you about your expectations and explain how the adoption process works.
3. Should both of you wish to proceed, we'll either arrange to visit your home first or we'll arrange for you to visit a dog that matches your family.
4. Then we'll switch that around, and either you'll visit a dog that matches your family or we'll arrange for a dog to visit your home.
During this time, we're available to answer any questions you may have.
Peaceful Paws asks for a donation at the time of adoption to help defray the many expenses of running a rescue, including administrative, medical, behavioral, general and emergency costs. In return, we make sure the dog is spayed or neutered, heartworm tested, up to date on vaccinations and given a clean bill of health (or disclose any known issues). On average, we spend $350 or more on a dog in our program.
6 months or younger - $400
6 months to 6 years of age - $350
over 6 years of age - $250