About Spirit Cats
Spirit Cats are great companions for a resident cat...but they take people on their own terms! They are cats who live with you, and who may sometimes grant you the opportunity to touch them. Or, they may not.
Here’s what to expect with these special cats:
These cats WILL:
- They’re great with other cats! They are used to living with many cats, and are excellent companions for other cats.
- Over time, they will most likely get used to one or two people who will be allowed to touch them. They may choose to hang out near you, or sleep on the bed with you at night.
- They are a great choice for patient, kind people with a quiet household, who want to make a difference for an individual cat – one that few people have the patience to help.
- They are a fine choice for situations where you don’t have a lot of time to devote to a pet – most of these kitties do not need or want much attention from people.
These cats WILL NOT:
- They will not magically turn into normal acting cats; what you see is what they will be like for a long time, maybe always. Some will change more than others, but be prepared for what you see now.
- They will not be a good choice for busy homes.
- They will not be a good choice for homes with children.
Your message has been sent to Here Today Adopted Tomorrow Animal Sanctuary, Inc..
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.