I am already spayed, housetrained, purebred, a special needs pet, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Meet Adele, another face in the sea of many abused and thrown away Coonhounds. I call this The Shame of the South! Adele was at our local shelter along with her 3 babies. Covered in Mange to the point that she was hospitalized for 4 weeks. Scabies, secondary infections, emaciated...the girl was an itchy painfull mess
Today Adele is on the mend. Her skin is almost completely vacant of scabs. Some scars will remain physically and some will remain that are emotional.
She will not need any type of special care with respect to her health. She is fit as a fiddle! Other than a few more areas that need to heal and gaining a few more pounds Adele is perfect and adoptable.
Emotionally Adele has a fear of being left. After trial an error and a lot of damage we have figured out a safe and stress free way to leave her alone while at work. A crate that is smaller, a crate that will only allow her to curl up and stand up and turn around. We had her in a XL Crate that was was able to push across the living room...she also flung poo..none of that is behavior she continued. The Key? A smaller crate. We will give you the exact dimension needed :) With the right crate Adele is now sweet and nice while her Foster Parents go to work. Adele's dream parents would have one of them home with her all day!
Adele is so incredibly loving. She has the typical B and T attributes. Everything a Lady Hound should be, she is! Adele is not overly active but needs her fair share of outdoor time. Simply letting her go potty and back inside will not burn her energy. She needs someone to toss a ball , play or run with her. Another dog in the home would be ideal.
Adele would like a warm comfortable couch and a human that loves velvet ears and belly rubs! She knows your out there...
1. Go to our web site and fill out an application..Nothing will move forward until you do.
2. We will give you a call within 72 hours after receiving a complete application
3. Once we speak to you and feel you are a good fit, we will set up a meet and greet
4. Once we meet and do a home visit we can then and only then finalize an adoption. Every member of your household must be present for this meeting
5. We do adopt out of state and will do a home visit out of state as well
6. You can either drive to pick up your pet or you can pay for transportation to have your pet delivered to you.
7. All animals in your house MUST be spayed/neutered unless you have medical documentation preventing you from doing so. NO EXCEPTIONS.
8. Unless you have outside working dogs we will not adopt to a home with outside dogs
9. Fence is not required.
10. Must be 25 or above to adopt (exceptions may be made case by case)
11. Adoption fee is $250 which includes a fully vetted/spayed/neutered/micro-chipped and up to date animal
12. The adoption fee is non negotiable
13. None of the above is negotiable