found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already neutered, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with kids, and good with dogs.
Jackson is an adorable 10 month old 13 lb. black and tan, dapple little Dorkie born around January 5, 2014. (A Dorkie is a Dachshund/Yorkshire terrier mix.) He is what is called a “designer dog”, super cute and look like a wirehair dachshund with Yorkie coloring. He has the best features of both breeds. Jackson is our unofficial social director, specializing in initiating games of chase and wrestle-mania.
Jackson was dropped off at a pet supply/grooming shop along with his sister, and the people never came back for them. After holding on to them for several weeks trying to locate the owner, the shopkeeper contacted SCDR in hopes we could find a home for them.
Jackson has been neutered, received all his shots, and is now microchipped. He is very well socialized, crate trained, doing fabulous on his house training too. He still needs work on leash, but he is very young and very smart.
Because he is still young, he can be trained to get along well with cats and other small pets. Ideal applicants will need the following qualifications:
• Someone at home most of the day, stay-at-home moms or folks who work from home.
• Previous wirehaired dachshund experience is a plus, but not essential.
• Another small dog for play and companionship.
• A very secure INDOOR place for the puppy to be when no one is at home.
• Applicants must be between 30 and 65 years of age.
• No infants or toddlers, please, but we will consider families with children over 8 years old.
Do you live in a two-story home? Jackson would be perfect for your family. His legs are slightly taller than the average dachshund’s making going up and down stairs a non-issue.
If you are interested in Jackson, please fill out an adoption application and email Dena at Dena@SCDR.org or call 562-694-6868.