I currently weigh in at 12 pounds and more than likely will not get any bigger. Please read about my personality as it is very important you understand what my needs are.
I am very close to the other dogs in my foster home but am very leery of people. I have never been hurt or exposed to anything negative, i am simply just super shy. So shy that it will take some time to get me to come to you. Not just a day or two. My adopter has to be very gentle and committed to patience.
Dogs like me do not just snap out of our shyness. I love to play and am a super happy dog but will not come to you unless you are seated...then it even takes me some time if I do not know you. Again, patience is the key to my happiness. If you get frustrated with me i will be able to sense that and it will prolong my ability to relax around you.
Loud noises scare me. I refuse to walk on a leash so I will need a fenced in yard. I will not be a walking partner unless you choose to continue working with me to see if I can overcome the fear I have of a leash.
I am crate trained and I will quietly ride in the car looking out of the window. But I need to be secured with a seat belt since a loud noise may scare me and trigger a flight!
I have many applications and had a few meet and greets but no one wants me because I do not run up to you to greet you. So if you are looking for an outgoing pup that will jump in your lap upon walking into your house keep looking. I am not for you.
If you are looking for a gorgeous unique little girl that will love and adore you I am your girl. I know my special family is out there. Until then I will wait!
If you meet the above qualifications and you think you can be my perfect home, please continue reading----Do not send an e-mail unless you have read all the way to the bottom of this page..smile emoticon
1. Go to our web site and fill out an application..Nothing will move forward until you do. http://carolina-loving-hound-rescue.com
2. We will give you a call within 7 Days after receiving a complete application, please do not serial e-mail us, we will work your application in the order it was received. We also work these applications between our paying jobs, taking care of our animals and families. Patience is the key!
3. Once we speak to you and feel you are a good fit, we will set up a meet and greet
4. Once we meet and do a home visit we can then and only then finalize an adoption. Every member of your household must be present for this meeting
5. We do adopt out of state and will do a home visit out of state as well
6 We will not put our dogs on mass transport or hand off transport to get to your home. .it is your responsibility to pick her up. We will make every effort to meet you part of the way but that is not always possible.
7. All animals in your house MUST be spayed/neutered unless you have medical documentation preventing you from doing so. NO EXCEPTIONS.
8. Unless you have outside working dogs we will not adopt to a home with outside dogs
9. Fence is required for me.
10. Must be 25 or above to adopt (exceptions may be made case by case)
Your message has been sent to Carolina Loving Hound Rescue.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.