found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Lucy is vaccinated, dewormed, treated with flea and heartworm prevention, and microchipped.
Lucy must have a fenced yard and no small children under 8. No apartments or condos. She would not do well in a house where she would be locked in a crate for 8 hours a day. She is fostered with other big dogs and cats does great with them all. Lucy would do best with an experienced dog owner and another large breed dog that will help with her extra energy.
Lucy's adoption fee is $250.00 (cash or credit card) which includes a $50 deposit that you get back once she is spayed.
This sweetheart will be at the Livonia PetSmart on Saturdays from 11-3. Come up and meet this cutie. The Livonia PetSmart is located at South East corner Middlebelt and I-96 at 13150 Middlebelt Rd Livonia, MI 48150. It is located in the back of the Meijer and Costco Parking lot. Our pets are in the back right hand side of the store past the grooming and vet clinic. WAG also has adoption events at Woodhaven Pet Supplies Plus at 19295 West Rd, Woodhaven, MI 48183 the last Sunday of every month from 12:00 to 3:00 pm. We ask that you DO NOT contact PetSmart or Pet Supplies Plus about our animals. They are kind enough to provide space for our adoption events, but are not involved with our rescue work. Please email us if there is a specific puppy/dog you would like to meet to be sure they will be at the adoption event.
If you would like to apply for this dog or any of our other dogs, please request an application by clicking the "Adopt Me" or "Contact This Organization" button or email email@example.com.
Or you can go to our web page at WagAnimalRescue.com an click the Adopt A Dog button to fill out an application. http://www.waganimalrescue.com/adoptdogform.html
Or email all 21 questions listed below with detailed answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
The information that you provide on the application will help us determine whether the dog that you have chosen is a good match for you so please give as much detail as possible. You must be at least 25 years old to apply. Please answer all questions; otherwise your pre-application may not be reviewed. Include the following information in your email:
1. Your name, address, home phone number & email address. How long have you lived at present address?
2. Age of applicant? Age of co-applicant? Do you live with your parents?
3. Your reason for wanting to adopt this dog? Are you adopting for yourself, family, others, gift/surprise, hunting, watch dog, child’s pet, companion?
4. Type of housing you live in (own home, apartment, condo, mobile home, etc.). If you rent please provide the name of the complex and landlord's phone number.
5. Is your yard Completely Fenced, Partially Fenced, Not Fenced or you have No Yard? How high is your fence? What type of fence: Chain Link, Privacy Fence, Invisible Fence, Other? If no fence, how do you plan on keeping your dog contained in the yard?
6. Number of adults and children in the home, and the ages of the children? Relationship of adults? (Married, Fiance, Older-Children, Roommate , Parent , Other ) Are all household members in agreement with adopting this pet?
7. What arrangements have you made to care for the pet in case you can no longer do so?
8. The number of hours per day the animal will be left alone, and where you will keep the animal when left alone?
9. How much time do your current/previous pet spend outdoors? How much time would this new pet spend outdoors? Where will this dog be routinely living?
10. A list of any animals you've had in the last 10 years, including how long you had them and where they are now. Please include the names of each animal, and the type of animal.
11. Are/were they spayed/neutered? Current on vaccines? On heartworm prevention (dog)?
12. The name and PHONE NUMBER of current or prior veterinarians in the past 5 years. We will be contacting your veterinarian as a reference. Please contact your vet clinic and give them permission to release your pets information. Are the pets listed under your name, if not please list name pet is listed under?
13. The average cost per for providing preventive veterinary care is $200.00 - $500.00. Additionally there are expenses of food, toys, grooming, boarding, emergency veterinary care, etc, does your household budget allow you to comfortably cover these expenses?
14. How do you plan on exercising this dog?
15. Are you willing to enroll this dog in obedience training? If no, what are your plans for training this dog?
16.Rescue animals require time to adjust to their new home. Are you willing to give this animal adequate time for proper adjustment - perhaps three weeks or more? What amount of time do you consider to be reasonable for adjustment?
17. Would you object to someone for WAG Animal Rescue coming/calling your home to check on the dog?
18. What behaviors would you be unable to tolerate from an adopted dog? (potty accidents; jumping up on furniture; playing in early am hours; barking; getting into garbage cans; counter surfing; getting on furniture; hiding from guests/other family members; shedding hair on furniture/clothes; chewing; escaping; fighting; digging.)
19. Methods I plan to use to discourage unwanted behavior(s): (Yell; put dog in another room; remove problem item(s); put dog in crate; put dog outside; I will not tolerate bad behavior; swat/spank/hit with newspaper; spritz with water; throw something at dog; who cares dog are dogs.)
20.You understand that rescue dogs may have unknown medical history/problems and/or unknown behavior issues?
21. Additional information you would like to provide to WAG:
The above information that I have provided to WAG Animal Rescue for the purpose of adopting an animal is accurate and complete.Please put in subject line the name of the animal you are interested in.
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
A volunteer will review your application and contact you ONLY if you are approved or if further clarification is required. We will make every attempt to contact approved applicants within 5 business days of application submission (M-F), but this will depend on the number of applications received.Please understand that by answering the questions does not guarantee the adoption of the pet, nor are you obligated to adopt the pet.
WAG Animal Rescue adopts to homes that are best fits for our animals' needs, and not on a first-come, first-served basis. If you currently own a dog or have a history of dog ownership, you must provide a vet reference for your application to be processed. Preference is given to applications with prior dog experience and vet references. We are an all-volunteer organization, and regret that we do not have the resources to contact applicants that are not approved. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Approved applicants are based on best fit, not first submitted. WAG RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY APPLICANT, so please understand that it is within our discretion to make those decisions on behalf of our animals. Keep in mind that we depend 100% on volunteers, most of whom have full-time jobs, so we ask for your understanding as we do the best we can in the endless effort to find homes for these deserving animals!
WE DO NOT HAVE A SHELTER, ALL OF OUR ANIMALS ARE IN ONE OF OUR VOLUNTEERS HOME.
Many WAG's animals are available for viewing and adoption every Saturday from 11 am-3 pm at the Livonia PetSmart, located at Middlebelt and I-96.WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESCUE YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WILL BE AT THE ADOPTION EVENT.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN A RESCUE DOG!
For more information about WAG Animal Rescue, adopting an animal or about our fees please visit our home page www.waganimalrescue.com
For any question please email us at email@example.com