found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already spayed, up to date with shots, good with kids, and good with dogs.
The problem is with her sister. They have been together since birth and she has started to show aggression towards her sister whenever she gets overly excited. Most of the time they play and are happy with each other, however, when Lucy gets excited and barking, things change. After speaking to experts, it is more than likely that this aggression will escalate and someone will eventually be injured.
Lucy has never shown any aggression to any other dogs. In hindsight, it was not a good idea to get two puppies that are of the same sex from the same litter – especially females!
A few things about her:
• Lucy LOVES LOVES LOVES to play fetch. She retrieves the tennis ball and brings it and drops it at your feet. She would rather do this than anything else.
• Lucy is not housetrained but she doesn’t mind a crate so it would be fairly easy to train her.
• She gets along with other dogs (except for occasional issues with sis).
• She loves children. I have an 8 year old granddaughter who she loves but will jump on her with excitement.
• Lucy has never been around cats.
• I have taken Lucy to herding classes and she does very well. She has a real instinct for the sport and would probably do well in agility or any other sport.
• Lucy is excellent in the car. I have a seatbelt harness that I put on her and she just lays down during the ride.
• She is very good on a leash and would be a very good hiking partner. She likes to stick close to her person.
• Lucy likes water and will play in a kiddie pool.
• Lucy is very loving and cuddly. She loves to be petted.
Basically, Lucy is a great dog. It is sad that I have to give her up but it’s not fair to her sister to keep them together. My goal is to find a great, active home for her to live in. She is current on shots, spayed, and microchipped.
If you are interested in Lucy, please fill out an application with Border Collies In Need at www.bordercolliesinneed.org/border_collie_rescue_and_adoptions/adoption_application.html