Other information about Moon Pie:
1) He's approximately 8 years old, 30 pounds, neutered. Up to date on his shots, testing
heartworm negative and on preventive.
2) Around Other Dogs: Gets along with other dogs/not aggressive; he doesn’t really interact with
them, but seems to need to be in their vicinity.
* Cats: N/A
3) Around People: Female/Male – he is fine with both.
* Children: would probably not deal well with the noises of a home with children.
* He is fine being handled, i.e. collar, harness, and leash.
* Petting/Handling: He doesn’t mind being petted. He doesn’t actively seek out affection, but
will let you pet him, especially when he is lying beside you.
* Outside: Likes to explore the fenced backyard. Would definitely need to be on leash if outside
of a fenced area.
* Access to the house: He has full reign of the house.
* Sleeping: He is allowed to sleep in the bedroom on one of the dog beds at night. He will
occasionally jump up on the bed and sleep, too. He sleeps through the night as long as he is
taken outside before bedtime.
* He is currently fed Orijen Regional Red 1 cup, twice a day
* He is not food aggressive, but will stand beside the other dogs who are slow eaters and
sometimes needs to be told where his boundaries are
Your message has been sent to Alabama Boston Terrier Rescue (ABTR).
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.