About Tri-County Animal Rescue
About Our Shelter...
Tri-County Animal Rescue is a 100% no-kill, nonprofit 501(c)3 animal shelter working to prevent the killing of over 170,000 unwanted pets in Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach counties each year. Since our inception, we have saved over 53,000 domestic animals from being euthanized, placing them in homes through our adoption center. We also work with several organizations, businesses, and the local school district to educate the community on animal awareness. At Tri-County Animal Rescue, we believe that every cat and dog—irregardless of breed, gender, temperament, etc—deserves to live a happy and healthy life. Our mission, then, aims to shelter and provide a comfortable home for all animals placed in our facility. We consider every animal that comes to our shelter a member of our own family, loving and caring for them with the utmost respect and tenderness until we can place them in their safe, happy, forever homes.
Come Meet Our Pets...
We are open for adoption Tuesdays and Thursdays through Sundays from 10:30am - 4pm.
We are located at 21287 Boca Rio Road in Boca Raton, FL.
You can call us at (561) 482-8110 during our adoption hours for more information.
Our Adoption Process...
The basic requirements for adoption from the Tri-County Animal Rescue are as follows:
- If you lease or rent, you must have permission from your landlord or the primary resident where you live prior to adoption. Proof such as a lease or documentation will need to be shown
-If adopting a dog that is 4 months and older, Tri-County Animal Rescue suggests you bring in your dog for an official “meet and greet.”
-If you currently have a dog or cat at home, you must provide proof that he or she is current on vaccinations and sterilized.
- Tri-County Animal Rescue does not authorize adoptions to be “gifts.” The person who will be considered the owner of the pet must be present and go through the adoption process.
- You will be asked to complete a preliminary questionnaire prior to adoption.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
-If you are at least 18 years of age but still live with your parents, the home-owners would need to fill out the application.
- Must be a permanent Florida resident or have dual residency in the state.
ADOPTION DONATIONS INCLUDE:
Spay/Neuter, Rabies vaccination and License, initial vaccinations, microchip identification, first deworming, treatment for parasites/fleas, heart worm check, feline leukemia and FIV test (cats), and adoption welcome kit.