About Emerald City Pet Rescue - Seattle
About Our Rescue Group...
Emerald City Pet Rescue exists to rescue abused, neglected and homeless animals from the streets and shelters, primarily those in the Los Angeles and San Bernardino counties in California, and place them into loving and forever homes. Emerald City Pet Rescue is a 100% non-profit organization run entirely by dedicated staff & volunteers who offer their time and resources to house, train, rehabilitate, transport and care for these animals.
We are a non-profit rescue group, founded by Vivian Goldbloom.
Emerald City Pet Rescue is dedicated to the following goals:
* Rescuing stray animals from kill shelters, primarily dogs and puppies of the Los Angeles and San Bernardino counties in California, who have not been adopted and are scheduled to be euthanized.
* Emerald City Pet Rescue takes the animals who have been in the shelters the longest and will die unless rescued.
* Securing a no-kill facility where rescued pets can be safely sheltered without the threat of euthanization until we find adoptive families for them.
* Providing the best medical care possible to neglected, abused and injured animals.
* Rehabilitating hard-to-adopt animals and finding them loving homes.
* Promoting the importance of spaying and neutering pets in order to drastically reduce the number of unwanted animals on the street.
* We are proud to announce that we sponsor low cost spay and neuter events.
* Educating children and adults on responsible pet guardianship.
Our primary focus is to find safe, loving homes for unwanted, neglected and/or abused animals. We rescue dogs from kill shelters who could be loving pets, but are about to be euthanized due to overcrowding, illness or disease. Emerald City Pet Rescue also helps whenever possible animals who are in need everywhere. The homeless, the abandoned, the unwanted.
Most recently, Emerald City Pet Rescue is proud to announce that we are also saving dogs from other countries, where there are no animal shelters or help offered. We bring them to the United States, into our rescue group and offer help to the rescuers in these countries. We also work with other rescue groups we like to refer to as our “Sister Rescues” to help save even more lives.
Come Meet Our Pets...Some of our dogs and cats are in foster homes. If you are interested in meeting an Emerald City pet, please call us to set up a meeting! 206.557.4661.
Our Adoption Process...
Emerald City Pet Rescue takes particular care in placing our animals, pure and mixed breed alike. Our screening process includes a meet and greet, reference checks, and a visit to the potential owner’s home to ensure the home and family is compatible with the pet’s needs and our requirements. We feel compatibility in personality, activity level, and skill set are crucial aspects of the adoption process. These qualities help us ensure we are giving each pet and potential adopter the best chance at a harmonious, loving, and fulfilling forever home. Often, we will accept multiple inquiries for a particular pet in order to ensure placing them in the right home. We will always consider each potential adopter in the order in which they have contacted us, yet there are occasions when we will recommend an alternate match for a potential adopter based on the criteria mentioned above.
We ask adoptive owners to sign a detailed contract obligating them to give the animal a loving home. Emerald City Pet Rescue has a lifetime policy of always taking our animals back, no matter what the circumstance.
All Emerald City Pet Rescue adopted pets come fully vetted until healthy, spayed or neutered, vaccinated, fecal clear, treated for any parasites, worms, or fleas, groomed, and microchipped. Your adoption of an Emerald City Pet Rescue pet also includes a new leash, collar/harness, a free initial vet exam at one of our participating vets, and a 30-day obligation-free trial of pet insurance through Trupanion.
Our adoption fees range from $100-$500.