About Our Rescue Group...
Ay Chihuahua Rescue (ACR) is an all volunteer-based rescue group, whose mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and re-home Chihuahuas in Central Texas. ACR is funded by the generous donations of our community and adoption fees. ACR is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Our love of the Chihuahua breed urged us to action when the plea for a breed specific rescue group was placed. Chihuahuas have the second highest euthanasia rate in Central Texas and it is our belief this is due to overpopulation. We strive not only to rescue, but to owner-educate and provide spay/neuter options where available. We are truly committed to humane education and being a positive resource for the Central Texas Community.
Our Adoption Process...
Our adoption fees ensure your new family member will come to you:
* Fully vaccinated - including Rabies
* Heartworm free and on prevention
* Behavior tested with honest assessments provided to all adopters
* All known medical conditions will be fully disclosed.
Lifetime commitment from ACR is included with all adoptions! We are on call and at your service for the lifetime of your new dog. Continuing education and community resource identification is provided at no charge to all adoptive families.
In our ongoing efforts to provide the safest environment possible for our adoptable Chihuahuas, ACR does not adopt to households with children under the age of six without a home visit and special approval. If we feel a particular Chihuahua is good with children and has been behavior tested around children, we will make special note of it in their profiles. Placement of these exceptional Chihuahuas still requires special approval for households with very young children. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your interest in the dogs of ACR!
1. For the safety of our dogs, we do not adopt to families with children under the age of six without special authorization and a home visit.
2. We primarily adopt our dogs to homes in the State of Texas with rare exceptions made for out-of-state adoptions.
3. There are times when more than one person wants the same dog. We take multiple applications on each dog and make every effort to match the right dog with the right family. There may be times when the dog that you are interested in may not be the right match for you and/or your family. If that is the case, please know that it is not necessarily a reflection on you or your ability to love and care for a dog. We base our placement decisions on the specific needs of each of our dogs.
4. There is an adoption fee of $195 for adult dogs, $240 for puppies, and $165 for dogs 7+ years of age. We are a non-profit organization and all of the fees that are collected go directly to the care of our dogs. We are entirely staffed by volunteers and there are no paid organization members.
5. Completing an application does not insure approval for adoption from our organization. Ay Chihuahua Rescue reserves the right to refuse adoption to anyone for any reason.
6. We do not adopt our dogs to homes that have intact (not neutered or not spayed) animals. Additionally, all resident pets must be up to date on vaccination and on regular heartworm preventative which will be verified by your veterinarian or actual receipts from online purchases or local clinics.
Ay Chihuahua Rescue does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, or disability and reserves the exclusive right to deny any adoption application for any reason we feel endangers the safety of the pet.