- Not destructive.
- Not much interest in swimming. Is learning to play and enjoy fetch.
- Needs leash work as he is very strong and pulls/swerves a lot/throws himself around.
- Needs some work on his recall, but does know the other standard training commands.
- Prior to coming into rescue, lived outdoors with Bella. Has since been introduced to indoors and house trained. He is now comfortable with both living scenarios.
- Older/respectful children only, as he is sensitive to restraint and for a short period of time will jump up on people when excited/first meeting them.
- Loves getting a lot of people attention and is very good with strangers.
- Reactive with dogs on the property. Stems from not ever being socialized with dogs other than Bella.
- Does not like anything that may appear painful or strangely close to him, especially anything involving restraint.
- Is OK with getting brushed in most areas but is still a little sensitive. Trimming his nails is a little more tricky as he does not like any form of restraint.
- Has a mild habit of chasing vehicles and mild prey drive.
- Tends to have some anxiety when separated from the ones he is bonded to. He is the type of dog that needs that one person he can do everything with.
- Experience with large breeds, especially Shepherds, is an asset.
- A fenced yard is a must.
- Best suited to an active family to accommodate their high energy.
- Will require constant management when Chico and Bella are together and play is involved. Chico has a tendency to get jealous and will transfer aggression onto Bella.
- Suited only to a family with no other pets.