already neutered, housetrained, up to date with shots, and good with cats.
I am already neutered, housetrained, up to date with shots, and good with cats.
Birdie is a very special dog to our rescue. When we rescued Birdie out of animal control he was completely paralyzed. Within less then a week our little Birdie was back up and walking and playing. He is shy at first and then playful and fun once he gets to know you . Birdie is completely housebroken and walks well on a leash. Birdie has won over our hearts and deserves the very best. Someone will be very lucky to own this little guy. We estimate him at 1 to 2 years old. He seems to do fine with other dogs but hasn't quite gotten the playing thing down with them yet.
It is our mission to place older dogs in the loving homes of older people in the St Louis area and to continue to assist whenever needed. However, we do adopt to all ages, depending on the needs and age of the dog.
Come Meet Our Pets...
We are at the Kirkwood Petco on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month from 10 am to 2 pm. Come and meet our dogs! Petco is located on Lindbergh just north of I-44, on the left side at the first major stoplight.
Our Adoption Process...
OUR ADOPTION PROCESS:
1. All of our dogs are listed on Petfinder and Adopt-a-Pet websites. You can view them at seniors.petfinder.com or on our website under Available Dogs.
2. We bring our dogs to the Kirkwood Petco the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month from 10 am to 2 pm.
You may come and meet the dogs and talk to their foster parents about their behavior. This store is located on Lindbergh just north of I-44. Turn left at the first major stoplight.
3. You may complete an application for adoption at Petco or on our website or download an application here. In most cases we require a fence. Also, we do not adopt to a family with small children.
4. The foster parents may set up a home visit. We ask for a $250 adoption donation for adult dogs and $350 for puppies.
5. You may have a two week trial to make sure that the dog fits into your family. You may return the dog and we will refund your entire adoption donation.
Thank You! Your message has been sent to Senior Dogs 4 Seniors.
You'll receive a copy, too, at
to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter!
Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures,
on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.