found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already neutered, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Axel is a 4 yr old, 40 lb shepherd/lab mix. He was trained to be a service dog for the owner's granddaughter, and went to school with her. He was not purchased as a service dog, but underwent training while he was in the home. The owner did much of the training, under the direction of a trainer. This was done so the dog would be allowed to go to school with the granddaughter. ( I call him a "sort of service dog") Unfortunately she has developed an allergy to him and he has to be rehomed.
Axel was vetted at the shelter yesterday. He is neutered and HW negative.
4. Allowed us to handle him, and allows children to crawl all over him.
5. No fear of strangers. He barks when they come to the house, and then becomes Mr. Friendly.
6. Allows children to play with him. Went to school as a service dog.
7. Plays with their other male shepherd. Friendly and appropriate with the dogs at the shelter yesterday.
8. No resource guarding.
9. No muzzle required for vetting.
10. No medical issues. HW neg
11. Ignores cats.
12. Walks very well on the leash. No pulling.
13. Medium energy
He's a good one!