found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already spayed, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Here are 10 reasons why we are sure you will love Ava:
1. Ava is super friendly and is happy to meet all kinds of new people. She’s earned the nickname Wigglebutt for the way that she greets friends with full-body wags.
2. Despite the fact that Ava is still so young, she has excellent manners. She sits automatically before having her leash and collar put on, before going in and out of cars and buildings, as well as before being let out of her crate.
3. Ava’s politeness extends to leash walking. She naturally walks calmly on the leash and does not pull towards other dogs. With the command “Easy!” uttered in low, slow tones, she will even leave squirrels and birds alone.
4. She is a top student in the basic training class she attends with other Friends for Life dogs: She has mastered: sit, down, come when called, stay, pay attention, drop it, leave it, and some other neat tricks.
5. Also well-socialized with the canine set, Ava loves to play chase and wrestling games with other dogs. She’s quite the center of attention at any dog park visit!
6. She is quiet in the house most of the time, preferring to play with her toys, get cuddles from a favorite person, or simply snooze.
7. Ava is the quintessential activity dog! She is fun to be around because there is so much that she likes to do. Training games, tug of war (extra fun because she knows how to drop toys and take them on cue), bike riding, jogging, doggie play dates, hiking and especially, ESPECIALLY, fetch.
8. Ava is an excellent car dog, who always sits calmly and quietly in the back, waiting for her next adventure.
9. She is completely comfortable with people taking food and toys from her (in fact, Ava has been known to bring her favorite squeaky beds to people sleeping in their beds), and has no problem being handled all over. Bath time, brushing, and nail trims are a breeze for this dog!
10. Ava has never destroyed anything in the house or made any undue noise when left home alone. She is also 100% crate-trained, happily running into her crate when given the signal.
Don’t believe in super heroes? Stop by and meet Ava, aka Adventure Dog, and she’s guaranteed to bring a smile to your face. You might even find her to be a great companion for all your life’s little adventures, even if your idea of adventure happens to consist of a walk along the bayou and a nap on the couch.