Meow! My name is Maribelle
I am already spayed, up to date with shots, not good with kids, and good with cats.
"Hi, everyone. My name is Maribelle...a pretty name for a very pretty kitty!
I am a lovely lady with wonderful manners and a gentle soul. I was rescued as a kitten and was pretty scared of people (understandably), but I've come a long way and am grateful for all the little things in life...a warm bed, kind hand and soothing words, and enough food to fill my tummy!
I have spent my short life here at Ce-Ce & Friends (I am now 3 years old). I keep getting overlooked on adoption days because I am not the type of kitty who will come rushing up to you to be petted...I hang back and am quiet and shy until you get to know me. Then, I will be your faithful, forever friend!
I would do best in a quiet, adult home where I can gradually settle in and "come out of my shell". I like other cats and should be fine with other kitties who are nice to me. I am spayed, up to date on all my shots, healthy, and a beautiful, sweet-natured girl who is the perfect gentle companion.
Won't you give me a chance to be yours?
Please come meet me: call the shelter at 781-331-6115."
Help this Shelter by making a donation.
Ce-Ce & Friends Humane Society is a non-profit, no-kill, all-volunteer cat shelter established by two cat lovers and animal rescue veterans in Quincy, MA. In the summer of 2005, Ce-Ce & Friends moved to its new location in Weymouth, MA.
Ce-Ce & Friends' mission is to "make a difference..one feline at a time." We provide clean, warm, loving, and safe transitional shelter. We also provide necessary veterinary care for stray, feral and abandoned cats and kittens until caring, permanent homes are found.
All of our cats/kittens are examined by a veterinarian, spayed or neutered if old enough, and Feline Leukemia and Feline AIDS tested, as well as vaccinated, prior to being placed for adoption.
The shelter is open to prospective adopters by appointment, from 12-3 PM on Saturdays and Sundays.
If you find your heart belongs to one (or more!) of the kitties on our site, PLEASE CALL CE-CE & FRIENDS AT 781-331-6115 AND LEAVE A MESSAGE TO SPEAK WITH ONE OF OUR ADOPTION COUNSELORS.
You can then make an appointment to meet your special kitty (and please remember that, in addition to the cats profiled on our web site, there are always MANY more cats waiting patiently for loving homes!)
ADOPTION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
* Ce-Ce & Friends asks all of its prospective "parents" to fill out an adoption contract at the time you visit our shelter.
* Please note that our policy is to adopt to Massachusetts residents only.
* If you own your own home, you will need proof of ownership (i.e., a mortgage statement), and if you rent, you will need a letter from your landlord stating that you are allowed to own a pet.
* We also do enforce a brief waiting period while your application is processed and your references checked before adopting out any of our cats.
* We ask for an adoption fee of $125 per cat (all cats are up to date on shots and tested negative for FIV and Feline Leukemia, and all adoption fee proceeds go to help rescue other cats in need.)
*In the case of adopting a kitten who is not old enough to have been spayed/neutered, we also ask for a $25 spay/neuter deposit that will be refunded to you once you present proof of having the kitten spayed or neutered at a later date.
These precautions are meant to ensure the best possible match for you AND your newfound feline friend! THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
Quincy, MA; Weymouth, MA; S. Weymouth, MA; Randolph, MA