found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already neutered, housetrained, purebred, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Weight at last Vet visit: 46 lbs (but he was very thin when he was turned in & probably weighs more around 55 lbs now. He will probably grow to be between 70-95 lbs)
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (to move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when he wants to come inside
- Good boy
- Bad boy
- Thank you
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
Kids: Great with kids.
Cats: Good with cats. He is very curious about them.
Dogs: YES! Great with ALL sizes. He would LOVE a playmate! He plays with the big dogs a lot, & also a little 8 lb chihuahua that I am also fostering.
Food Aggression: None at all
Crate: He is crate trained & will go right in when asked. He will also bark or whine when he needs to be let out to "go potty"
Car: He loves car rides & loads up easily. He loves to stick his head out the window
Fears: He is scared of new people, but warms up fairly quickly. We are working on that & I have already seen a large improvement
Other issues: Pulls on the leash. We are currently working on this.
(If you are adopting a puppy, all puppies chew. This can be easily managed with rawhide bones to direct their behavior to something that is acceptable to chew on, & crating your puppy when you are unable to monitor them.)
Adoption fee is $125 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- UTD on vaccs
- Puppy Food
- Microchip registration
- ID tag
- Harness *
- Free office visit to Vet
- Paperwork: Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Schedule he is used to, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
At this time, this dog is available for local AZ adoption only. If you are interested in adopting this sweet boy, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for application.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.