I am purebred.
FOSTER HOMES NEEDED!!'s Story...
THE DOG IN THIS PHOTO IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION!!!
FOSTER HOMES NEEDED!!
Reference: Other JRT owner or someone familiar with your philosophy on pet ownership: Additional comments:
We Need Volunteers!!
KY Russell Rescue/Multi- Breed Rescue is an all-volunteer organization. Volunteers are needed for everything from transporting dogs to screening adoption applicants over the phone and Internet. Our greatest need is for foster homes. To fill out a volunteer application, copy & paste the following into an email, answer ALL the questions, and mail to KYRussellRescue@aol.com.
- Home Phone:
- Work Phone:
- Best time and place to reach you:
- Do you own cats? _ Yes _ No
- How many dogs live with you?
- Breed/gender/age of each dog:
- Do you breed? _ Yes _ No
- How many litters per year?
- Are your pet’s spayed/neutered? _ Yes _ No
- Are there children that the dog will come in contact with?_ Yes _ No
- If yes, how often will the dog be exposed to them?
- Age/Gender of each child:
- Please check the area(s) listed below in which you would be interested in volunteering:
- _ Screening Applicants/Adoption Counseling
- _ Transporting dogs
- _ Behavior Counseling
- _ Foster Home
- _ Fund Raising
- _ Home Visits
- _ Staff booths/information centers (table at trials, pet expos, etc.)
- _ Shelter Contact
- _ Maintaining local lists of dogs available and posting them to national list (computer & internet access needed)
- _ Other (please describe):
- Please describe previous volunteer and rescue experience:
- Do you have any special dog handling experience? Please describe.
- How many hours per week can you devote to KY Russell Rescue/Multi- Breed Rescue ? PLEASE BE REALISTIC!
- How flexible is your schedule? For example, if you receive a call in the morning, can you make time during the day to pick up a dog in an emergency situation?
- Please let us know your availability. Can you be reached at work without it causing a problem, etc?
- Please describe your feelings about what rescue is:
- How would you feel if you had to recommend euthanasia of a dog?
- Under what circumstances could you see yourself recommending euthanasia?
- Are you willing to handle and/or evaluate (check all that apply):*
- _ Sick dogs
- _ Pregnant females
- _ Dogs deemed mentally unstable by owner
- _ Females in heat
- _ Dog-aggressive dogs
- _ Intact dogs (until spay or neuter can be arranged)
- _ Dogs that don’t like children
- _ Geriatric dogs
- _ Dogs that are not housebroken or crate trained
- _ Extremely hyper dogs
- _ Escape artists
- Please list anything else you are or are not willing/able to work with:
* Please note: It is the policy of the KY Russell Rescue/Multi- Breed Rescue not to take biting dogs.
Jack Russell Rescue, Louisville KY