Hello! My name is Kera
I am purebred and up to date with shots.
Kera is a 13-year-old purebred Trakehner mare. She is due to foal in Spring '12. She's a beautiful mare with a very sweet and loving personality. She is good to be around, may need a refresher with her ground manners (many broodmares are loving, but a little pushy if they haven't been worked with regularly). We don't know about her soundness or ridability yet and won't be evaluating her until after she weans her baby which we believe will be early to mid Summer 2012. Both Kara and her weanling will be available for adoption at that time, but we welcome adoption applications and will put a hold on her for an approved application. We also currently have her 2009 son, Kiernan, but we expect him to be adopted very quickly. Kera's adoption fee is $800.
Adopters must be 21 or older, if you are under 18, please have a parent contact us as our adoption agreement is a legal agreement which must be made with an adult. We do welcome volunteers of any age, those under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. For more information visit our website at http://www.s-h-a-r-e.net to review our Adoption Requirements or fill out an Application.
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
Our mission is to maintain the integrity, well-being, and health of hooved animals through education first.
SHARE is a nonprofit humane society established in 2005 in the Champaign area. We have investigators that cover a large portion of Illinois.
At SHARE, our goal is to help equines trapped in situations of abuse and starvation. It is also our wish as well to educate horse owners on how to properly care for their horses.
The humane society offers to help educate owners on the proper daily care and maintenance; vetting and hoof care as well as nutrition and emergencies. The society also rescues severely neglected horses and provides rehabilitation services and placement through adoption.
This is not an easy task; many volunteers are needed in order to provide this care and support. There are many people who are not aware of hooved animals that are abused and neglected. SHARE would like to inform people about this
Call and make an appointment to come visit the horses at S.H.A.R.E.
1. You must live in Illinois or close neighboring state.
2. Must own the property where the horse will be kept.
3. Must provide a letter of recommendation from your veterinarian and one from your farrier if you are now a horse owner. If you do not have a farrier, a letter from another person will suffice.
4. You must visit the horse to see if you are a match with the particular horse you wish to adopt.
5. We will visit your facility to see the facility and your animals.
6. If you continue with the adoption, you will be required to pay an adoption fee which is set by the board of directors for each animal. We will continue to inspect the animal for two years.
7. If at any time the animal is not being properly cared for SHARE has the right to seize the animal.
8. You are NEVER allowed to sell the animal to slaughter. We ALWAYS have first right of refusal if you decide not to keep the animal.
9. You must keep the animal for at least two years or it reverts to SHARE.
Adoption Fees vary from animal to animal depending on the skill sets of each individual horse, starting at about $450.00 dollars. Each individual animal will have the adoption fee posted on it's profile, or view our website!
Central Illinois, Champaign County and surrounding states.