Meow! My name is Penelope
|Breed:||Domestic Shorthair||Color:||Black & White Or Tuxedo||Age:||Adult|
I am already spayed, up to date with shots, and not good with cats.
Penelope is a super sweet girl. She was raised in a cage in a high-kill shelter before she was rescued. Because she spent a good part of her life in that cage, she was never socialized with other animals. She was sent to a group that wanted to euthanize her because she got a cold, but we stepped in and made sure she was safe and took her into our care. She is a special girl that will need a home all to herself with no other animals.
Will you open your heart and give her a chance?
More information about Lost Paws Animal Rescue
Rescue Group Info...
Who we are:
Like so many of the other rescue groups, Lost Paws is a group made up entirely of volunteers. Many of these volunteers foster the homeless cats awaiting adoption in their homes. We rescue our animals mainly from high kill shelters where they are often on the list awaiting euthanasia to create room in the overburdened shelters. We rescue them from this fate in order to give them a second chance at finding a loving home and enrich the lives of their adopters.
Our Mission Is:
1. To rescue animals from situations that are abusive, endangering and/or neglectful, such as kill shelters where overcrowding leads to euthanasia of wonderful companion animals
2. Increase the quality of life for stray, unwanted and homeless animals by caring for them and seeking suitable homes
3. To inform the public of these situations in order to put a stop to animal abuse and irresponsible breeding
4. To provide foster homes for these animals
5. To provide necessary veterinary care
6. To promote the importance of spaying/neutering and provide same as part of the adoption process
7. To place rescued animals into permanent adoptive homes
PetSmart , Bridgewater, NJ
Fur Majesty, Clinton, NJ
The potential pet parent makes an email or phone inquiry.
Lost Paws sends a reply email with more detail on the adoption process, provides fee information, what medical is covered as part of the adoption, and attaches a blank adoption application.
The applicant then returns the completed application.
Lost Paws reviews the application.
If approved, the adopter is notified, an appointment is arranged, and adopter visits to meet and adopt.
The adoption agreement outlining the adopter's responsibilities and requirements is filled out and signed by them before taking their new family member home with them.