Other Pets at Shelter...
Chimo is a Congo African Grey who loves to forage and chatter. Chimo prefers mainly hands-off attention and is learning to step up onto a perch -- but he does gently takes items, such as treats, from your hand. He seems to like just having someone around, but doesn't crave direct interaction. He is used to being around other birds, but, doesn't seek to interact with them either. He is a good talker and loves to repeat his name. Chimo needs to learn to eat a healthier diet -- he is being offered a good variety of vegetables and fruits so he will begin to eat them and this must also continue in his adoptive home. He has learned to like apples and bananas so far and he is eating Harrison's pellets. Chimo has grown to love foraging (looking for hidden foods or treats). He would be a great addition to a home that is willing to work at his pace and treasure his talents.
Rescue Group Info...
The Phoenix Landing Foundation (PL) is a non-profit all-volunteer organization. PL promotes and protects the welfare of parrots, especially those with an extensive lifespan. We provide for parrots of all types in need, and act as advocates for those without protection. Visit our website at http://www.phoenixlanding.org for more information. We also sponsor great educational seminars! All are welcome (please do not bring your birds or other pets). Most of PL's classes are free, although of course we always welcome donations.
You can find out about our upcoming Classes (where you can meet some of our adoptable birds) at our web site: http://www.phoenixlanding.org/events.html
- An Adoption Application
- A brief in-Home Visit with you and your family (for birds larger than a cockatiel)
- Attendance at an Intro class (recommended for all, required for birds larger than a cockatiel). For large birds (macaws, cockatoos, amazons, greys, eclectus, etc.) we also require an Advanced class.
- An Adoption Fee (for birds larger than a cockatiel) -- adoption fees vary, larger birds have higher fees
- Metro Washington DC (including MD, DC, most of VA, and some limited areas in DE and PA) [DC]
- Eastern panhandle of West Virginia [WV]
- North Carolina (a majority of the state, but especially the Asheville and Raleigh/Durham areas) [NC]
- South Carolina (Greenville area) [SC]
- Tennessee (Knoxville area) [TN]
Our pets are labeled with the [area] in which they reside, but, they can be moved to another region for a serious Adopter.