Other Pets at Shelter...
|Breed:||Domestic Shorthair||Color:||Orange Or Red Tabby||Age:||Adult|
Hi, my name is Carson and I was born in 2009 (approximation).
One of Carol's volunteers trapped me outside her home, knowing that I was a nice boy that didn't belong outside. It took some time but I finally fell for her tricks and she whisked me in to get a clean bill of health and get me into the adoption program.
I am a very friendly, social, and outgoing cat who gets along with almost everyone as long as they are nice to me. I really like people and I don't mind kids as long as they treat me right. I will come to you for attention quite often, but I also like to have a good, comfy place to rest and relax. I'm a cat with simple needs, I just need a good home!
Fill out an adoption application for this pet right now!
If you have any questions, contact Carol's Ferals Adoption Coordinator, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our motto is: Just because you can't touch them, doesn't mean you can't help them!
Carol's Ferals Facebook Fan Page: http://tinyurl.com/cffbfanpage
Support Carol's Ferals Facebook Cause Page: http://tinyurl.com/cffbcausepage
All you need to know to help anyone with stray/feral cats: http://tinyurl.com/cfadvicesolutions
Rescue Group Info...
To end feline overpopulation in west Michigan through community education and empowerment.
A future where every cat is valued and cared for.
What we do:
Based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Carol’s Ferals assists community cat caregivers with TNR and support services. Cats are accepted three nights weekly and are spayed/neutered, treated for fleas, parasites and ear-tipped for easy identification. If desired, cats can be vaccinated or tested for infectious feline disease. Sick or injured cats are treated and returned when in the best interest of the cat and feline population. Carol’s Ferals does adoption of friendly cats and kittens obtained through our TNR program. We also advise caregivers how to find quality homes for cats they wish to help on their own.
Carol’s Ferals is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit, run by volunteers and funded by donors.
Regular Adoption Location and Hours: Sundays from 2pm-5pm and Wednesdays from 6pm-8pm at 4600 Knapp Street, Grand Rapids MI 49525
Petco Adoption Event Location and Dates: Petco on Alpine Ave every 3rd Saturday of the month
Centerpointe Mall Event Location and Dates: Near the Old Navy Entrance of the Mall from 11:00am-4:00pm every 4th Saturday of the Month
We MAY be able to do an appointment on an off-day, but not always.
COMING SOON: Open House Hours
If you are interested in adoption one of our cats or kittens, the following steps need to be completed:
1. Completely fill out the Adoption Application. Applications may be found at http://www.carolsferals.org/application/
2. We will read your application and contact you if we need clarification before we begin a full application processing. Applicants that have homes that do not meet the basic needs for our cats after any preliminary discussion will be informed of a denial at this point.
3. Your vet/references will be called once you pass the initial reading plus any other references we deem necessary.
4. We will contact you and set up a time for you to meet the cat/kitten(s) you are interested in. All adult members of the household must be present. After meeting the cat/kitten(s) and our Adoption Coordinator, we will determine if you are approved for adoption.
5. We will inform you if you are approved for adoption and schedule a time for you to pick up your new cat/kitten to be taken home or allow a same-day adoption as long as a safe and secure carrier is present.
6. You will pick up your cat, along with official adoption paperwork, med records, and microchip paperwork (if applicable). We will collect the adoption fee at this time. We would also like to take a photo of the cat/kitten(s) with their new family.
Adoption Fees are $75 for one and $100 for two and help offset the cost of spay/neuter, microchipping, flea treatment, deworming, up to date shots, and FIV/FeLV testing.
All adopters are to sign a legally binding contract and will return the cat to us if they ever need to surrender the cat due to live-changing issues.
Grand Rapids, Michigan