found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
My name is Choncho-Only $65 adoption fee!!
Facts about Choncho-Only $65 adoption fee!
- Breed: Fox Terrier (Toy)/Chihuahua Mix
- Color: Tricolor (Tan/Brown & Black & White)
- Age: Young
- Size: Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less
- Sex: Male
- ID#: A400329
Choncho-Only $65 adoption fee!'s Info...
I am already neutered, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
This adorable little man was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. He is sweet & affectionate & is a great cuddle buddy! Oh boy! He is personality plus! He is the most adorable little boy! I know that someone wants a great companion with lots of love to give. If you see him you will see his personality & fall for him, " head over heels" as they say! He is SO FUNNY. He LOVES taking a shower! He learns & adapts to schedule changes very quickly. He is VERY smart, LOVES to "train", SUPER SWEET, quiet, & he is such a happy dog! I'm having a blast training him! Choncho knows sit, wait, dance, follow, here, down, off, leave it, get it, bring it, jump (he can jump very high!) & kiss on command. He is eager to please. If you ask him to lay down he cowers, scooches close to your feet & then flops over on his back. I have been rewarding him and saying "good dead". :-) He loves tennis balls & playing outside, playing fetch and chewing on bones. Choncho is very loving and loves to sleep in bed with you. He wants to tunnel under the covers & he is so happy when I let him! He is sooooo adorable! He loves to wrestle with me! Trainable, very sweet & cuddly, quiet, happy happy happy, & he bonds easily. I'm having a happy foster experience!
Age/Birthday: 1 yr
Weight at last Vet visit: 11 lbs
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (to move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home that the pet is placed in, & how much time that foster has had to work with them).
Cats: Great with cats! Plays with them when they want & retreats when they want. He also likes to play with their toys, LOL. When he first came to my home, he had no reaction or interaction with them. Now he has formed a bond with my cats. They play together & nap together. They give each other kisses (gross) & Choncho loves it when Bizzy rubs her face on him. He rolls right over on his back! Very cute! :-)
Dogs: Choncho is afraid of bigger dogs. (he is so tiny there aren't many that are smaller ) I have a Cocker Spaniel that is petite & he was afraid of her at first. He plays with her now & they get very rambunctious!
Kids: Good with kids of all ages
Men: Great with men
Women: Great with women
Crate Trained: Yes, When he sees that you're getting ready to leave. He will go right in the crate all by himself! He is SUCH a good boy!
House Trained: Yes, house trained AND doggie door trained. I don't have a doggy door at my house, but a doggy door would be ideal for him. He likes to pretend that he has to go out, just to sniff around or chase a leaf. So it would be nice if he could just do that whenever he wants.
Leash Trained: He does not like the harness or leash but he tolerates it. He does great on walks though.
Car: He is very calm during car rides. He knows his "spot" & he lies down.
Other issues: None, he's ADORABLE! I can't say enough good things about this dog!
Adoption fee is only $65 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her. (Meet & greets are done on Thursdays, Fridays & Sundays. If for some reason you are not available on these days, we will try to accommodate you the best we can.)
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit. 100% of the proceeds goes towards the pets at Safe Haven.