found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already spayed, housetrained, purebred, up to date with shots, good with kids, and good with dogs.
Age/Birthday: 4 yrs (Dogs this size live to be about 20 yrs)
Weight at last Vet visit: 14 lbs
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: She lives with 2 cats in her current foster home. They are new to her, & so far it seems that she looks at them as playmates, & can be a little pushy about wanting to play. If you have cats, you would need to supervise ALL interactions until you are absolutely sure that they are the best of buddies.
Dogs: Yes, she has been WONDERFUL with all the dogs I have introduced her to. All sizes, large & small. She is VERY playful! Previous owner says that she did not get along with the female dog in her house & that Pogo prefers males, but I have not seen a difference.
Kids: She lived with kids in her previous home. Previous owner says she is good with all ages.
Men: Great with men, shy at first. She is also "hand shy" which indicates that she was hit in the past.
Women: Great with women, shy at first
Crate Trained: Yes
House Trained: Yes, she is on a regular schedule in her foster home & she used a doggy door at her previous home.
Leash Trained: Yes, she is good on a leash. She LOVES to go for walks & gets very excited!
Car: She was fine in the car
Other issues: None, she's ADORABLE!
Adoption fee is only $65 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her. (Meet & greets are done on Thursdays, Fridays & Sundays. If for some reason you are not available on these days, we will try to accommodate you the best we can.)
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit