Ruff Ruff! My name is Oliver
|Size:||Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less||Sex:||Male|
I am already neutered, up to date with shots, and good with dogs.
Oliver is a one to one-and-a-half year-old, eight pound chihuahua/dachshund mix who was severely neglected and found himself in danger of being euthanized at a very deadly Southern CA shelter. When he was rescued on 11/24/12, he had lost about 90% of his hair and had little to no chance of being adopted. We've had him examined and treated by our vet, neutered, vaccinated, and microchipped. All he needs now is his forever home!
Oliver is outgoing, energetic, and absolutely loves playing fetch and tug-of-war. In addition, he seems to be fine with other dogs and we think his playful nature makes him a natural for kids. With his oversized ears and friendly, happy personality, Oliver will make the perfect addition to your family!
Oliver's adoption donation is $200. While the adoption donation does not come close to reimbursing us for his veterinary treatment, it does provide a promise that the adopter is capable of caring for him and all proceeds go directly toward helping our rescued dogs.
If you are interested in Oliver, please visit our website at http://www.rowdydogrescue.org and complete our online application. Thanks!
Rescue Group Info...
We are a small Santa Barbara based rescue composed entirely of volunteers who are dedicated to saving as many dogs as we can from kill shelters throughout Southern California. Once our dogs are pulled to safety, they are examined by a veterinarian, spayed/neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, and placed into temporary foster homes while they await adoption.
Rowdy Dog Rescue is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, registered with the CA Attorney General, and relies completely on public donations. Our federal tax id number is 45-2749848.
Thank you for your support, we can't do this without you!
1. The first step in the adoption process is to complete an application (http://www.rowdydogrescue.org/application.html). We will then review your application and verify the information upon receiving it. If you rent your home, your landlord will be contacted for approval so please make sure to include your landlord’s name and number on the application.
2. Once your application is approved, we will make arrangements for you to meet the dog in person. This meeting usually takes place at the foster family's home or at another mutual location.
3. Rowdy Dog Rescue reserves the right to visit your home for a brief non-invasive home visit during the adoption process.
4. Once you are approved, we will have you sign our adoption contract and pay an adoption donation.
Adoption donations range between $150-$300, depending on the medical needs of the dog, age, and other considerations. Currently, our adoption donations do not fully cover the average cost of rescuing and rehoming each dog. However, they do provide a promise that the adopter is capable of caring for the animal. And, 100% of all adoption donations are used to further our mission of saving dogs from death row.
Your adoption includes:
- Initial health examination by our veterinarian
- Rabies, DHPP, and Bordetella vaccinations
- Any current medication
- Copy of vet records
- Bathed and groomed
We strive to provide all the care the dog will need before sending them off to a new family and have open communication with our adopters about what care the dog may need in the future.