found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
My name is Squirrel!
Facts about Squirrel
- Breed: Dachshund Mix
- Color: Black - With Tan, Yellow Or Fawn
- Age: Puppy
- Size: Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less
- Sex: Male
I am already neutered and up to date with shots.
Moose and Squirrel were the leftover puppies from a back yard breeder’s litter of six. We agreed to take them and find them better homes then their siblings probably got.
These boys got their names because of their size difference. Moose is more than twice the size of teeny Squirrel. (We also refer to them as Big Fat and Little Rat.) The backyard breeder swore they were purebred doxies, but it’s possible that Squirrel dove into a different gene pool and has a little chi in him (a backyard breeder who says whatever he thinks you want to hear – who would have thunk it?). The puppies are just starting to get to the age when dachshunds begin lengthening out so it’s not clear yet what they will look like as adults.
Both puppies are healthy, vigorous and full of puppy enthusiasm. They love to play with the big dogs and poor Squirrel doesn’t even seem to mind being the favorite squeaky toy of another young dachshund (the dogs all want to play with the littlest dog in the pack.).
We have started them on their vaccines and have dewormed them. If we find local homes, we will adopt them out on a neuter contract where we will arrange and pay for their neuter when they are 4 to 5 months old. We will also have them microchipped at that time.
The ideal home for Moose or Squirrel will have the following qualifications:
• Someone at home most of the day, or folks who work from home.
• Another comparable-sized dog for play and companionship.
• A very secure INDOOR place for the puppy to be when no one is at home.
• Applicants must be between 25 and 65 years of age.
• No infants or toddlers, please, but we will consider families with children over 8 years.
• Previous dachshund experience is a plus but not absolutely essential.
If you are interested in Moose and/or Squirrel, please fill out the online adoption application and contact Lindy at email@example.com.
The tax deductible donation for each puppy is $350.00.