found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
My name is Iko!
Facts about Iko
- Breed: Dachshund
- Color: Red/Golden/Orange/Chestnut
- Age: Puppy
- Size: Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less
- Sex: Male
- ID#: 2964
I am purebred, in need of an experienced adopter, up to date with shots, good with kids, and good with dogs.
PREPARE YOURSELF FOR A DEEP MUTUAL LOVE AFFAIR! Iko is a purebred wirehair dachshund puppy. He is a little over 3 months old and has started his puppy shots. As you can see, he is adorable and he has a wonderful personality as well. He was rescued from people who had way too many dogs and got in trouble with Animal Control. We agreed to take numerous doxies off their hands to be sure they are all fixed and placed in loving homes.
Iko is healthy, vigorous, and full of puppy enthusiasm. He is always ready to play with the big dogs and does not compete for a dominant role. He likes to ride in the car and be carried in a bag while shopping. He is being fostered in a busy household and responds with a friendly curiosity to new people, sounds and activities. He is an excellent little napper and sleeps soundly in his crate, your lap, and even in a shoulder bag while accompanying his temporary mom on her errands.
We have started him on his vaccines and have dewormed him. We are willing to adopt him out on a neuter-contract if he gets adopted before he is old enough to be neutered (typically 5 months old).
The ideal home for Iko would have the following qualifications:
• Someone at home most of the day, or folks who work from home.
• Another comparable-sized dog for play and companionship.
• A very secure INDOOR place for the puppy to be when no one is at home.
• Applicants must be between 25 and 65 years of age.
• No infants or toddlers, please, but we will consider families with children over 8 years.
• Previous dachshund experience is a plus but not absolutely essential.
Because Iko is very young, we want him to be a little bigger and a little older (around 5 months of age) before undergoing anesthesia. Therefore, we will be adopting him out with a neuter contract including a refundable deposit.
If you are interested in IKO, please fill out the online adoption application and contact Sue at email@example.com.
The tax deductible donation for Iko is $450.00
plus a $100.00 refundable neuter deposit.