found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Find a pet to adopt
My name is Lucy - Only $95 adoption!!
Facts about Lucy - Only $95 adoption!
- Breed: Poodle (Toy or Tea Cup)
- Color: White
- Age: Young
- Size: Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less
- Sex: Female
- ID#: A426594
Lucy - Only $95 adoption!'s Info...
I am already spayed, housetrained, purebred, in need of an experienced adopter, and up to date with shots.
Lucy was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. She is a purebred toy poodle. This sweet little girl has a happy peppy personality. She is warm, lovable, very affectionate, & loves to cuddle & give kisses. She is such a sweet girl & loves to sleep in bed with you at night. :-) She is also very playful & LOVES stuffed animals.
When she gets really excited, she jumps straight up in the air like she has little springs on her feet! She jumps so high that you can catch her mid air right in your arms! To FUNNY!
She needs an experienced dog owner that will take the leadership role. Poodles are smart, & will quickly take the leadership role if you do not.....
Lucy already knows sit, come, go potty, outside, inside, etc....
Age/Birthday: 2 yrs
Weight at last Vet visit: 10 lbs
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Dogs: Lucy currently lives with 2 other small dogs in her foster home. She is good with them & they play a lot. She does however guard toys from the other dogs sometimes. For this reason, we are recommending that she be the only dog in the home, but she would be a great dog to take to the dog park, or on doggy play dates. :-)
Kids: Kids 10 yrs & older please. In her previous home, the next door neighbors young child put his face in Lucys face while she had a chew bone, & she bit him. Lucy would need to be in a home with older children that can read a dogs signals, or a home with no children at all. Resource guarding should always be corrected. It is known to happen when the person in the household does not take the leadership role.
Men: She can be shy at first with strangers, but quickly warms up.
Women: She can be shy at first with strangers, but quickly warms up..
Crate Trained: Yes
House Trained: Yes, she was used to signaling to go out at her previous home, & is now learning to use the doggy door in her foster home.
Leash Trained: Yes, she is easy to walk
Car: Did great in the car.
Other issues: None, she's absolutely ADORABLE!
Adoption fee is only $95 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit