found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
My name is Sneaker - Only $25 adoption!!
Facts about Sneaker - Only $25 adoption!
- Breed: Terrier (Unknown Type, Small)/Chihuahua Mix
- Color: Black - With Brown, Red, Golden, Orange Or Chestnut
- Age: Puppy
- Size: Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less
- Sex: Female
- ID#: A425978
Sneaker - Only $25 adoption!'s Info...
I am already spayed, in need of an experienced adopter, up to date with shots, good with dogs, and good with cats.
This little sweetheart was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. Sneaker has a very sweet cuddly personality. She is a great companion dog, & wants to be with you & do whatever you are doing. This puppy is very friendly, & loves nothing more than to be played with or held, & will never turn down a good belly rub! She also loves grass & will happily roll around in it & has a grand 'ol time, LOL! She would do best in a quiet, mellow home with someone who could take her for daily walks for at least 30 minutes a day to get all that puppy energy out.
Sneaker was starved when she came to us & also shows signs of having been abused. As she will cower at times. She needs an experienced dog owner who will be consistent & firm with her & can continue to work with her. Someone to show her that she is loved, & she will never have to worry about not getting enough food or being left behind again.
She tends to pick one person in the home as her favorite, & will get jealous if that person shows affection to anyone else. She is a TOTAL CUDDLE BUG & would love nothing more than to be with you & hang out with you all the time. All this little sweetheart wants is to be with you & loved!
Age/Birthday: 10 months on 5/8/13
Weight at last Vet visit: 11 lbs (She was very skinny at this weight when we first got her. Previous owner gave her up because they could no longer afford to feed her. She was very underweight, & we could see all her ribs when we got her. She has now gained the weight she needed, but being without food for so long has made her worry about food & whether she will have enough)
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: She is great w/the cat in her foster home, & plays with him! :-)
Dogs: Sneaker has lived with both large & small dogs. She is good with them & they play a lot. She does however guard food from the other dogs, & gets jealous when the other dogs are getting attention. For this reason, we are recommending that she be the only dog in the home, but she would be a great dog to take to the dog park, or on doggy play dates. :-)
Kids: Mellow kids 10 yrs & older please. If the kids are to rowdy, she gets overly stimulated & to rough with them.
Men: She can be shy at first & is selective with who she likes. She tends to pick one person as her favorite.
Women: She can be shy at first & is selective with who she likes. She tends to pick one person as her favorite.
Crate Trained: She was given free reign of the house in her previous home. She is currently learning crate training at her foster home, & new family should continue with this.
House Trained: She was used to using a doggy door at her previous home, but was not listed as being potty trained. She is now on a schedule & learning to signal to go outside in her foster home.
Leash Trained: Previous owner never took her on walks :-( (poor thing). Foster family says she is eager to go on walks & tends to pull on the leash. They are working with her on this. This little puppy should be taken on more walks. Ideally she should be walked daily for about 30 minutes a day to get all her puppy energy out.
Car: Very nervous at first, but settled in after a few minutes
- She cries when you leave her alone. This is common with dogs that have been shuffled around from home to home. They get worried that you are not coming back. This usually goes away after they have been with you awhile & learn that you will always come back to them. :-)
- She is always worried about getting enough to eat. Being starved at her previous home has obviously traumatized her.
Adoption fee is only $25 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged