About Rookies Rescue - Pennsylvania Chapter
About Our Rescue Group...
Rookie's Rescue is committed to helping abandoned, neglected and abused pets, finding loving homes and
educating the public about responsible pet ownership with a strong emphasis on spaying and neutering. .
Rookie's Rescue is a virtual shelter, meaning all of our pets live in loving foster homes, not a facility/shelter environment. Almost all of the pets available are located in foster homes in TN, VA, NY or PA.
WHERE DO OUR PETS COME FROM?
Rookie' Rescue saves pets from over crowded shelters and animal control facilities, who due to lack of space and overwhelming volume are forced to euthanize thousands of healthy, adoptable pets each year. We will also accept pets from owners who can no longer care for their pet. When the animal enters our program, they undergo a complete health check from a local vet to make sure the pet is healthy. The pet is treated for any medical needs, is brought up to date on all vaccinations and is spayed or neutered. The pet is then socialized and assessed by our behaviorist. When the animal has been determined healthy and socialized, it is placed for adoption.
Come Meet Our Pets...All of our pets are in individual foster homes. The foster homes are located in PA, VA, NY, TN and NH. The pet you are interested in may or may not be in your area. Please contact us to discuss procedures.
Our Adoption Process...
If you are interested in one of our pets, please contact us at:
When we receive your email we will respond with more information about the pet and our adoption application.
The procedure for adoption is
1) fill out the attached application and return to us via email
2) once we receive the application we will begin discussions to answer any questions either of us have and then decide whether to proceed.
3) If we proceed, a volunteer in your area will be secured to do your home visit and check your references
4) Upon approval of all that, we will finalize the adoption and the pet will be scheduled on the next available transport
5) The adoption fee covers spaying/neutering, age appropriate vaccinations, rabies, complete vet check (including fecal, heartworm and preventative de-worming and de-fleaing), health certificate and transport to you