found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Find a pet to adopt
My name is Bella - Only $65 adoption!!
Facts about Bella - Only $65 adoption!
- Breed: Pug/Chihuahua Mix
- Color: White - With Tan, Yellow Or Fawn
- Age: Young
- Size: Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less
- Sex: Female
- ID#: OS-A3380627
Bella - Only $65 adoption!'s Info...
I am already spayed, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Bella is a Pug/Chihuahua mix with a Pug tail and Pug bark (soft). She is both very playful and mellow. She is also smart & listens well.
She is learning both verbal commands and hand commands (which she responds very well too). She knows “Stay” with an open palm out, she knows, “Go lay down” wherever you point, she knows “No,” “Come here,” “Come on.” She loves being praised! Her temperament is just awesome and she is a FUNNY girl!
She’s learning to play with squeaky toys and is fascinated by the noise they make. She buries dog bones and treats in her blanket with her nose and it’s hilarious to watch as she takes her time doing so! She LOVES to chase tennis balls, but is still learning about bringing it back, LOL. She is also fascinated by the vacuum. Although she’s a little scared of it, she is very interested in it & wants to check it out while you’re vacuuming. To funny!
She lets you play with her paws, loves belly rubs, and is a big cuddle bug! She loves people & wants to be a part of whatever you are doing. She is a great companion dog! She is ok with sleeping on her bed by herself as long as she’s near you, but would prefer to be on your lap and/or sleep with you.
When you get home, she is SO happy to see you and wants to let you know…An absolute sweetie-pie, Angel!
PLEASE NOTE: All of the pets at Safe Haven receive basic training when they come to us. Depending on which foster home they are in, they may receive advanced training. All adopters will be given a list of words that your new pet knows at the time of adoption. What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in, how much time that foster has had to work with them, & if that pet has any additional issues that need to be focused on first.
Age/Birthday: 2 yrs. BD: 10/31/11
Weight at last Vet visit: 11 lbs.
Cats: She is afraid of the cats. When they come in the room, she will jump back as if she's startled when she sees them, & then barks at them. This was her first meeting with them though, & she will continue to be socialized with them. I will update her profile as she gets used to them.
UPDATE: She is now great with the cats, & no longer reacts when she sees them. She is sweet & mellow with them.
Small Dogs: Great with small dogs. Sweet, mellow, & friendly with new dogs. Once she knows them, she is playful.
Large Dogs: Sweet, mellow, & friendly with new dogs.
Men: Sweet friendly & social. Very loving & loves to cuddle :-)
Women: Sweet friendly & social. Very loving & loves to cuddle :-)
Strangers: Sweet, friendly, & social
Crate Trained: Yes, & she will go in when you tell her to "Go lay down” as you point to the crate. She often likes to just spend some alone time in her crate on her own. If she’s in her crate too long & has to go potty, she will bark.
House Trained: Yes, she is used to using the doggy door. Another funny thing about her is that I can tell she was raised around male dogs. She lifts her leg when she pees, sometimes she lifts both her back legs & actually does a handstand on just her front legs! She will also stand up straight on her hind legs like she's a little person, lol. She can balance for a pretty long time & just stand there like that! With a little training, she could do it on command. :-)
Leash Trained: Great on the leash & loves to go on walks
Car: Loves car rides & likes to look out the window, or she will ride quietly in a crate
Other issues: None, she's wonderful!
Adoption fee is only $65 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Dog license & tags
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccination records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.