Domestic Shorthair / Domestic Shorthair
A 3120 Martin Way, Olympia, WA 98506 shelter helping to find loving homes for dogs, cats, rabbits, small animals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and/or fish, farm-type animals.
1 - 20 of 46 Adoptable Pets at This Shelter
We will adopt to people who live in or out of our jurisdiction.
We cover the Cities of Lacey, Tumwater, Olympia, and unincorporated Thurston County.
Our adoptions are by SAME DAY appointment only. Tue-Sat, call 360-352-2510 after 8am to schedule your visit to meet the pet.
Applications are available at the Shelter after you visit the animal and decide that you're the right fit for each other.
Staff will review your application. If you don't own your home, we will need to call and talk to the landlord/property owner.
If the dog or cat is already spayed/neutered, they can go home with you the same day. If not, they will stay here until their surgery.
Who are we?
- Animal Services promotes responsible pet ownership for the health and safety of people and animals;
- Enforces animal-related laws;
- Reduces pet overpopulation though education and spay/neuter programs;
- Alleviates animal suffering through proper medical care and humane euthanasia;
- Provides temporary shelter for strays and owner-released animals; and
- Provides opportunities for adoption of these animals.
What do we do?
- Adoption service for unclaimed or unwanted pets;
- 24-hour Lost Pet Hotline, (360) 352-2510, option 5;
- Animal welfare checks, including investigation of animal cruelty/neglect;
- Stray or lost pet pick-up;
- Emergency pet pick-up and stabilization;
- Pet licensing and identification;
- Inspection, monitoring and complaint resolution in area pet stores;
- Shelter, care and medical attention for all species of small, domestic homeless animals and some wildlife;
- Quarantine of animals that have bitten a person;
- Humane euthanasia of unwanted, injured, terminally ill, or elderly pets;
- Rental of humane traps for cats causing problems;
- Responsible-owner education for schools, youth groups, community groups, and other forums to promote concepts of responsible pet care;
- Volunteer program which provides volunteer opportunities within the shelter and around the community.
The shelter is open Tuesday through Friday, from 9:30 to 5:30, and on Saturday from 9:30 to 4:00. The shelter is closed on state holidays and holiday weekends. We stop adoptions 1/2 hour prior to closing.
The shelter is located at 3120 Martin Way E, Olympia, 1/2 mile west of Lilly Rd. Animal Services can be easily reached by an Intercity Transit bus. Bus routes 60, 62A and 62B all drive by the shelter and there is a bus stop located in front of the shelter for convenient access.