American Bulldog / American Staffordshire Terrier
A 8115 W. Oatman Hwy, Golden Valley, AZ 86413 rescue helping to find loving homes for dogs, cats.
1 - 16 of 16 Adoptable Pets at This Shelter
We serve all of Mohave, Coconino, and Maricopa Counties, Arizona; Clark County, Nevada; Needles, California.
Home check is for dogs only. Cats are exempt. Cats are for indoors only.
For the Luv of Paws is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, 'no kill' rescue/sanctuary. The rescue/sanctuary is located on 10 acres approximately 25 miles outside of Kingman, AZ. We take in owner surrendered pets, pull animals from the county shelter, and rescue strays from city streets. All of our rescue animals are spayed or neutered and brought current on their vaccinations before being adopted out.
Pets for Disabled Veterans (service related disabilities). A companion animal is provided to the veteran with a reduced adoption fee. Screening process and home check required; fenced yard for dogs required; cats must be indoors only. When available, we provide help with food, treats, toys; also provide transportation to a veterinarian, if needed.
We also operate a thrift shop in downtown Kingman, Paws-itively Charming Thrift Shoppe & Pet Boutique, which benefits the community by selling gently used items at very affordable prices and the proceeds go directly to the care and comfort of our animals. It is staffed entirely by wonderful, friendly volunteers. 99% of the inventory is donated by the public in Kingman and surrounding areas and Las Vegas, Nevada; the other 1% is handmade and commercial pet products. It has been called 'the best little thrift shop anywhere' by many of our customers. We have on-going raffles and aluminum can drives to help raise funds for ongoing operating costs. We provide a large array of literature on spay/neuter, adopting and caring for a pet, training, etc.
For the Luv of Paws is a member organization; annual membership is $15 (individual), $25 (family), $250 (lifetime); We provide membership cards and logo T-shirts are available for a charge. Membership forms can be picked up at the thrift shop or online on our website.
We are always looking for volunteers who would enjoy working in the shop for a few hours a day, a full day or as a fill-in for our regular volunteers; it's a fun place to spend a few hours of your time, whether volunteer or customer.
Volunteers are also needed at the sanctuary for property upkeep, socializing, walking and/or training our dogs, cleaning pens, catteries, brushing/grooming/nail clipping; building projects, etc.
We also need donations, including alfalfa hay pellets, which we use as cat litter,(1800 lbs. used a month); cat/dog food, canned and/or dry; rawhide and other treats, new or used toys; paper towels, baby wipes, detergent, bleach, borax, etc. Our wish list is posted on our web site. Donations can be dropped off at the shop, 204 No. 4th Street in Kingman, at the rescue or we will gladly come pick them up.
All donations, goods or monetary, are tax deductible and donors are provided with written receipts.
Our pets' photos and mini-biographies can be seen on several national adoption websites and our own website - www.fortheluvofpaws.org.
Appointments can be made to come out to the sanctuary to see all of our precious animals. We require the appointment be made at least 24 hours in advance. Sundays are open to the public without appt from noon to four pm.
We have mega yard sales (three days) three times a year in April, August and December. Dates are posted at our shop and on our website as soon as they are set. The yard sales are also publicized in the Standard Weekly and Kingman Daily Miner one week before the sales.
Please call 928-897-7304 if you would like more information about any of our scheduled or upcoming events.