American Pit Bull Terrier
A PO Box 3738, La Habra, CA 90632 rescue helping to find loving homes for dogs.
1 - 3 of 3 Adoptable Pets at This Shelter
Orange County and surrounding areas
Orange County Pit Bull Rescue is an all volunteer organization working to build a community of responsible dog owners. We accept pit bulls from a variety of unfortunate circumstances and provide them with a second chance. Since we do not have a boarding facility, all OCPBR dogs are taken into responsible, loving foster homes. The dogs stay with their foster families until their own forever home is found. We are also working on developing free and low-cost resources for spay/neuter, microchipping, vaccinations, and training. Contact us today if you’d like to be part of the solution!
Mission Statement: Orange County Pit Bull Rescue will work to create a safe, supportive community for Pit Bulls by:
1. Rescuing dogs that meet the standard temperament for pit bulls and placing them in foster care. Providing proper socialization, medical care and training to ensure successful placement in adoptive homes.
2. Working with our community to keep Pit Bulls from entering shelters. Providing support to owners to help with any challenges faced owning this breed. Offering necessary assistance such as free food and supplies, referrals and advice, and financial help when available.
3. Developing free and low-cost spay and neuter programs as well as vaccination and microchipping clinics for low-income pit bull owners.
4. Building a community of support for Pit Bull Owners by providing activities and opportunities for proper socialization; advising on positive ways to train your Pit Bull and help with behavioral problems; and education on responsible ownership and bite prevention.
5. Working to change perceptions of pit bulls by educating the public on the history and true temperament of the breed; adopting out breed ambassadors to responsible owners and offering assistance to owners who would like their dogs to become certified Canine Good Citizens and/or therapy dogs.
Orange County Pit Bull Rescue is entirely staffed by our dedicated volunteers. We have a network of foster homes in Orange County and surrounding areas.
How you can help: We are in dire need of foster homes, volunteers, and donations. Donations can be mailed to our address or sent via our Paypal account using our email address. We also need donations of dog food, dog beds, crates, toys, and medical care.
Check out www.facebook.com/ocpbr for a list of upcoming events!