What’s your daily routine like? If you’re like us, we’re guessing that you spend at least a little time each day using social media. Maybe you’re sharing your favorite recipe, posting photos from your fun weekend adventures with the family, or just keeping up-to-date and connected with friends. This month, we have a special challenge for you that will give you a new reason to use your favorite social platforms. It’s called Social PETworking and it saves the lives of shelter pets!
If you follow us on Facebook, you already know that we post one adoptable pet each day and encourage the animal lovers in our community to “share” that pet on their own Facebook pages. This daily post helps bring exposure to that individual pet and has helped so many find their loving forever home, and it got us asking ourselves what might happen if other animal lovers did that, too. If everyone reading this message chose a pet from Adopt-a-Pet.com to share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest how many pets might be saved? What if all of those people did that every day for a week? Or longer? The answer: We might just empty out animal shelters.
Ready for the challenge?
- Search locally adoptable pets on Adopt-a-Pet.com. You can search for dogs, cats, or a variety of other types of pets.
- Choose a pet that you want to help.
- Share that pet using your favorite social media platform. When sharing you can include some info about the pet and this challenge, encouraging others to join in.
Want to step it up a notch? Here are some other ideas to help get you started!
- Instead of sharing one pet today, challenge yourself to do it every day for a week. Or a month. Or longer!
- If you’re on Pinterest, start an adoptable pets pin board and add locally adoptable pets frequently. Consider it your virtual rescue organization.
- Do you have a website or blog of your own? Add Adopt-a-Pet.com search tools and allow your site visitors to search for adoptable pets right from your website.