Catia is a 5 yr old great dane with silky long natural ears, expressive soulful brown eyes, long luscious lips and soft glossy black fur. She's currently in short-term foster while her family is gong through a tough divorce/family situation. This may become a permanent if her family has to make even harder decisions. Originally rescued by her family from a backyard breeder, where she was kept in a kennel all of her life, Cat took over a year to adjust to her new family. Now she's having to adjust again to a new home through no fault of her own. Catia is with Peaceful Paws and settling in with her new foster mom.
Catia was very depressed when she first came into her foster home. After almost 2 months, she's finally starting to wag her tail, and isn't moping around the house. She's fabulous with other male dogs. She does bark at visitors but soon settles for pets if left to greet at her own pace. She loves kids of all sizes and ages, and is used to their activity. In her original home, she lived with 3 children under the age of 10.
Catia is not available for adoption at this time but she does need help. Cat has a tumor in her mouth that requires surgery and removal of her bottom front teeth before the tumor spreads to her eye teeth. Surgery costs are over $600. This sweet girl has been through a lot in her life. Can you help make her life better? Donate for her surgery through www.peacefulpawsrescue.org or paypal to email@example.com
Peaceful Paws has a simple adoption process, explained below.
First, You Should Know
1. Peaceful Paws does not adopt to families with children under 10 years of age.
2. We rarely have puppies under 9 months of age in rescue. It happens occasionally but it is rare.
3. We do not adopt to renters unless there are special circumstances.
4. We rarely have dogs who are highly social with people AND dogs AND cats.
Now, onto the process...
1. Complete an application to adopt online at www.peacefulpawsrescue.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have an application mailed to you.
2. A volunteer will call you to talk to you about your expectations and explain how the adoption process works.
3. Should both of you wish to proceed, we'll either arrange to visit your home first or we'll arrange for you to visit a dog that matches your family.
4. Then we'll switch that around, and either you'll visit a dog that matches your family or we'll arrange for a dog to visit your home.
During this time, we're available to answer any questions you may have.
Peaceful Paws asks for a donation at the time of adoption to help defray the many expenses of running a rescue, including administrative, medical, behavioral, general and emergency costs. In return, we make sure the dog is spayed or neutered, heartworm tested, up to date on vaccinations and given a clean bill of health (or disclose any known issues). On average, we spend $350 or more on a dog in our program.
6 months or younger - $400
6 months to 6 years of age - $350
over 6 years of age - $250