You can fill out an adoption application online on our official website.ALMA
was surrendered to MOGS by a backyard breeder along with her litter of seven puppies [Encanto Litter], due to trouble with Animal Control for having multiple intact dogs on the premises. TEMPERAMENT:
Visit this organization's web site to see any additional information available about this pet.
STOP!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER!
- We're picky about our adopters.
- Are you sure you're up to having a GSD? They're not for everyone. They take a lot of time, effort, training. They shed year round. They're big. They scare lots of people. They 'mouth' and herd. They're usually strong-willed and stubborn. You have to have references and a home visit. If you're not willing or able to deal with any of this, please don't waste your time or ours applying.
- Will the dog be an inside family pet? We do not adopt to outdoor-only homes. All dogs must be indoor dogs.
- Do you leave your dog outdoors when you're not home? We do not adopt to homes that leave their animals outside when they're gone. You must put your dogs indoors when you're gone. A 3 yr old adopted MOGS dog died when the owners went to run errands, left her outdoors, the gate was somehow opened, and she was hit by a car. Tragic and 100% preventable. Even privacy fences get broken into. Gates are opened. Thieves steal dogs. Never leave your dog outdoors when you're not home!!
- What's your plan for unexpected events and major changes? New baby? Divorce? Moving? How you will provide for your dog if your family breaks up?
- Will you make a lifetime commitment? It's your responsibility to keep your dog safe, loved and cared for FOR LIFE.
- Do you understand we expect you to keep that lifetime commitment? It's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to stick by your family member -- no matter what.
- Are you unable or unwilling to make a lifetime commitment? Do not apply.
Thank you for considering a homeless dog or cat.