Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
424 E. 92nd St.
New York, NY 10128
Pets at Our Shelter:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Thousands of dogs, cats, puppies and kittens are adopted out each year from the ASPCAĺs Adoption Center in New York City.
About Our Shelter:The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) was the first humane society to be established in North America and is, today, one of the largest in the world. Our organization was founded by Henry Bergh in 1866 on the belief that animals are entitled to kind and respectful treatment at the hands of humans, and must be protected under the law. Headquartered in New York City, the ASPCA maintains a strong local presence, and with programs that extend our anti-cruelty mission across the country, we are recognized as a national animal welfare organization. We are a privately funded 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, and proud to boast more than 1 million supporters across the country.
Donate to Our Shelter...https://donate.aspca.org/Donate/Donations/Website/Website_Membership.aspx?PlacementID=2868406&utm_source=External_Adoptapet_Membership_WEBMEMBER&utm_medium=External&utm_campaign=External_Adoptapet_Membership_WEBMEMBER
Come Meet our Pets:Location: 424 E. 92nd St., New York City, NY 10128 (between 1st and York Aves.)
Mon-Sat: 11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.*
Sun: 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.*
As hours are subject to change, please call (212) 876-7700 ext. 4120 to confirm.
*To allow us to finalize your adoption process on the same day, please make sure you arrive at least 30 minutes before our doors close.
Our Adoption Process:Adoption fees for companion animals:
Free: adult cats 3 years and older
$50 for cats between 4 months and 3 years old
$125 for one kitten, second kitten free
$75 to $200 for dogs* (smaller and younger dogs have higher adoption fees); mandatory obedience classes for puppies, $50 for 6 classes.
* NYC residents will need to pay $8.50 for the DOH dog license.
When you are ready to visit the 92nd Street ASPCA Adoption Center, please bring the following to facilitate the adoption process:
- You must be 21 years of age or older to adopt.
- Two forms of identification. A government issued photo ID (driver's license, state identification card, military ID, etc.) and proof of current address (A telephone, utility or cable television bill qualifies.)
- You may be asked to provide one personal reference, reachable by phone
- Dog adopters, we strongly encourage all members of your household to come to the Adoption Center to meet the new pet. If you already have a dog at home, it's a great idea to bring him or her along as well, so that our expert behaviorists can help you find the dog who is best suited to your current dog.
- Be sure to check your building's policy relevant to pet ownership to avoid any landlord concerns.