Peaceful Paws Giant Dog Placement Services
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Phoenixville, PA 19460
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Peaceful Paws is a small rescue serving giant dogs in southeastern PA, Southern NJ, Northern DE and MD.
Peaceful Paws Giant Dog Placement Services is being organized in order to provide rescue, rehabilitation and placement of giant breed dogs in the area of PA, DE,MD and NJ.
About Our Rescue Group:Peaceful Paws serves the public by:
-assuming the cost and care for abandoned, neglected and unwanted giant dogs
-educating the general public about giant dog breeds and pet overpopulation
-promoting positive, non-violent training and living methods
-serving as an example for peaceful coexistence with dogs of all sizes
-educating people about the appropriate way to interact with and care for giant breed dogs
-finding loving giant breed dogs for adopters that match their circumstance
Peaceful Paws serves giant breed dogs by:
-providing food, housing and care for dogs in our care
-finding quality homes that will continue to care for and cherish the giant breed dogs in our care
-Spaying/neutering giant breed dogs to help fight overpopulation
-rehabilitating dogs so that they are ready to be adopted, addressing both medical and behavioral issues
-Consulting with families who wish to keep their giant breed dog but need help with issues
Giant dog breeds accepted are listed on the website. As part of the core focus, educating the public about the appropriate way to interact with and care for giant breed dogs as well as providing information about giant dog breeds is key to decreasing the need for rescue in the future.
Come Meet our Pets:Our rescue dogs are housed in loving foster homes throughout the areas we serve. If you're interested in meeting one of our fosters, send us an email and we can chat about possible matches!
Our Adoption Process:Peaceful Paws has a simple adoption process, explained below.
First, You Should Know
1. Peaceful Paws does not adopt to families with children under 10 years of age.
2. We rarely have puppies under 9 months of age in rescue. It happens occasionally but it is rare.
3. We do not adopt to renters unless there are special circumstances.
4. We rarely have dogs who are highly social with people AND dogs AND cats.
Now, onto the process...
1. Complete an application to adopt online at www.peacefulpawsrescue.org or email email@example.com to have an application mailed to you.
2. A volunteer will call you to talk to you about your expectations and explain how the adoption process works.
3. Should both of you wish to proceed, we'll either arrange to visit your home first or we'll arrange for you to visit a dog that matches your family.
4. Then we'll switch that around, and either you'll visit a dog that matches your family or we'll arrange for a dog to visit your home.
During this time, we're available to answer any questions you may have.
Peaceful Paws asks for a donation at the time of adoption to help defray the many expenses of running a rescue, including administrative, medical, behavioral, general and emergency costs. In return, we make sure the dog is spayed or neutered, heartworm tested, up to date on vaccinations and given a clean bill of health (or disclose any known issues). On average, we spend $350 or more on a dog in our program.
6 months or younger - $400
6 months to 6 years of age - $350
over 6 years of age - $250